Sick ; ;

Lexa

Just call me Veronica Mars
I'm sick and feeling like poop and everything sucks. ; ; I woke up with a UTI, which in itself is annoying and painful, but if that wasn't enough - as the day progressed I've gotten a fever, chills, a headache from F'IN HELL, and from the way I'm feeling at the moment, I call projectile vomiting due within the hour. YAAAAY! *sarcasm*

I hate feeling like poop. ; ;

/comfort Put Pat to work!!

It's not lupus.

03.jpg

∧_∧
 ( ಠ∀ಠ) It was lupus. Therefore, this thread is lupus.
 (    )
 | | |
 (__)_)

I'm not a doctor or anything, but I'd put my money on pyelonephritis. :p

*EDIT* Seriously though... if you do start throwing up, and the fever and chills are still going strong, go to the ED. You really do sound like you have pyelonephritis and may need to be hospitalized to get IV antibiotics.

I'm better now. XD

Glad to hear Lex!

And Nekio, I'd say you need to go to the ER if your fever gets too high (anything about 101) or if you're throwing up for an extended period of time and can't hold any liquids down (you run risk of severe dehydration).

Otherwise up here in New England they'd say, "You've got a flu. Go home. Sleep. Get some chicken soup when you can. Quit wasting our time when antibiotics can't fix a virus."

Last edited:
Wish my bosses were like that... Oh you're sick? Too bad, you have to come into work.. or else.

/comfort...

Well, the quote was from ER doctors... my mother had been silly enough to take me as a kid when I got symptoms like Lex...

But up here, you get a flu? PLEASE stay home. They become epidemics fast. Your coworkers and bosses don't wanna get your germs. Next time calling in, try using that. ~.^ "I feel really awful." "Well Talfus, you really should come in." "I know and I want to... I'm just afraid I might give this to you and everyone else."

I wonder if they'd change their tune.

I've had something knock me on my ass for the last week. I was assuming it was a cold, but I never really got a sore throat or runny nose that normally goes with one.

I had a fever for a few days with actual physical pain all over my body accompanied with fatigue. It killed my will to argue with people; I just didn't want to fucking talk to anyone and wanted to be left alone, lol. I had a weird feeling where I felt like I was burning up and had the chills at the same time.

I don't remember ever having anything like that before and I think I'm finally coming off of it. Everyone in my office has had it too now, it dropped almost everyone.

Right now any Coke or Pepsi products taste like pure syrup to me.

/comfort...

Well, the quote was from ER doctors... my mother had been silly enough to take me as a kid when I got symptoms like Lex...

But up here, you get a flu? PLEASE stay home. They become epidemics fast. Your coworkers and bosses don't wanna get your germs. Next time calling in, try using that. ~.^ "I feel really awful." "Well Talfus, you really should come in." "I know and I want to... I'm just afraid I might give this to you and everyone else."

I wonder if they'd change their tune.
lol been there, tried that. I usually work a store by myself. So the only ppl I could give it to is customers. and yeah.. Sorry everyone! :p

Worst part of a cold to me is when I get that bubble in both ears and feel like everything has the volume turned down to like 2.. I can deal with just about anything else... cept that ><

Zeri said:
And Nekio, I'd say you need to go to the ER if your fever gets too high (anything about 101) or if you're throwing up for an extended period of time and can't hold any liquids down (you run risk of severe dehydration).
That's certainly true (though 100 isn't really considered a very high fever... that's actually only moderate). The more worrisome symptom was the chills and vomitting, as well as the fact that this all started as a UTI. While fever often means infection, chills often mean bacteria has made it into the blood. UTIs that spread up into the kidney (and then the bloodstream) can kill you frighteningly fast if left untreated. As long as Lexa's fever has come down and she doesn't have flank pain on both sides (lower-back round the side of the abdomen, where the kidneys are), I'm not too worried, though. ^^

*EDIT* Oh, and hopefully she's also not peeing blood. ^^

That's certainly true (though 100 isn't really considered a very high fever... that's actually only moderate). The more worrisome symptom was the chills and vomitting, as well as the fact that this all started as a UTI. While fever often means infection, chills often mean bacteria has made it into the blood. UTIs that spread up into the kidney (and then the bloodstream) can kill you frighteningly fast if left untreated. As long as Lexa's fever has come down and she doesn't have flank pain on both sides (lower-back round the side of the abdomen, where the kidneys are), I'm not too worried, though. ^^

*EDIT* Oh, and hopefully she's also not peeing blood. ^^

Yeah, 100 and 101 they don't seem to care about. It's once you hit 102 people seem to start looking at? But it also varies by person. My body temp is usually between 95 and 96. Just how I work. So a fever of 101 throws me on my ass more than someone who's normally 98. In fact one time I had a fever that high and was getting synesthesia. It's really funky to see sounds. Only thing that's ever tempted me about drugs... if I could reproduce that. Certain notes and songs make really pretty colors :)

But they said "eh, 101, no big deal. Just your ear infection. Here's some antibiotics, go home." My left eardrum ruptured 3 days later. ; ; Moral of the story: never trust doctors.

Yeah, I didn't think about the UTI enough. Bacterial based like that, antibiotics would help. Kidneys failing and dying is bad for you. Good call Dr. Nekio! I expect to see you on the next episode of Scrubs. :D

I have a couple of UTIs a year. -_- I absolutely hate them. I'm doing everything right, every single advice any doctor's ever given me, but at least twice a year - still. Doctors say it's not often enough to be concerned about, though - just annoying as HELL!

I'm doing everything right, every single advice any doctor's ever given me

Do they recommend cranberry juice? Don't ask me... I haven't had a UTI before and hopefully continue that way, but that's something my mom and aunts recommend when it happens to friends.

Home remedies ftw?

I have a couple of UTIs a year. -_- I absolutely hate them. I'm doing everything right, every single advice any doctor's ever given me, but at least twice a year - still. Doctors say it's not often enough to be concerned about, though - just annoying as HELL!

Your vagina is broken. Return it.

Your vagina is broken. Return it.

/facepalm

Please tell me that's deliberate? Not the joke, the vagina part... they're two different anatomical parts. UTI != pussy. That'd be yeast infection. :p

Back