Server maintenance Nov 27

Elvier

FC/Active Member
I was reading the Odin world emigration thread and found this:

Emigration Schedule:

Transfer date: Nov. 27, 2008 9:00 (PST)

World emigration will coincide with the server maintenance occurring on the same day. Following maintenance, emigrating characters will be transferred to their designated Worlds.

SE just hates NA I think. Thanksgiving Day and we all have day off so... Server Maintenance!

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news14718.shtml

Thanksgiving happened last month already.

Oh wait...thats Canadian Thanksgiving...where they celebrate the unsuccessful attempt of Martin Frobisher to find the northwest passage...

Oh Canada...:tounge-1:

Canadian Thanksgiving...where they celebrate the unsuccessful attempt of Martin Frobisher to find the northwest passage...

Oh Canada...:tounge-1:

I'm shocked at this.

Could be it's just the Odin Server going down. Would suck if it was all servers.

Martin who?

Well, even if it is all servers, hopefully you'll all be busy eating LOTS OF TURKEY anyway. Whether you're NA or not. Turkey's good.... especially stuffing. Mmmmm damn is stuffing yummy. If you're some poor friendless jerk with nowhere to go Thanksgiving, you can come to my family's place. My aunt makes an AMAZING green bean casserole. :)

But you're required to eat my share of the squash. Blech squash!

Hm, it's always bad form to schedule a maintenance on a major holiday. This just shows another aspect of SE being insensitive to other nations while the game is pretty much hardcore multi-national now.

This seems to be a flagrant and obvious target on a major holiday if it's all or even just one server. Reason is that maintenance days are either Monday or Tuesday (which coincidentally are usually my days off >_> so they are kinda etched in my mind's eye). Why in the Lord's good name they'd have maintenance on a Thursday? (Anyone remember the last time a maintenance was set on a Thursday?)

Hopefully, enough will bitch about this and have the day of maintenance changed like how they had scheduled a maintenance long ago on a Memorial Day. Complaints were filed, SE realized the failure and the day of maintenance was rescheduled.

Sheesh, they should have at least the decency to check NA calender when they schedule these things. Not like you can't Google a 2008 NA calender/major holiday dates -_-

One can feast but so much turkey before the gas gauge hits full. Need some FFXI to let those calories sink into thighs and guts :eek:

There's not even a mention of times or a length. Maybe people should wait for the full maintenance notice before going postal.

I'll show you postal.. when i run into SE HQ main office.. guns-a-blazing.. yeeeeah. YOU'RE GONNA PAY FOR THIS SQUENIX!!

Back