Seriously?

Garret

Galkasaur
FC/Active Member
So, I logged in to play this morning and now it is telling me I need to register a copy of the game in order to play and not accepting my pre-existing registration code.

oh man... SE support doesn't open until 12est also :-(

It apparently put my account status to inactive because it hasn't linked my subscription service but no matter where I click it won't let me simply add the damn subscription service. Any idea where to add this? I tried to add a service and it wants my registraiton code even though it says it's already registered. I swear to god, SE has one of the worst account management systems in the world.

Are you using the Mog Station?

Trying to. It says my account is inactive, when I look up how to reactivate my account it says to go to the Mog Station and select the reactivate account option from the Account Services area but when I go to that area there is no option to reactivate an account. Give me a freaking break.

Sorry M8, get a ticket going, and prep to call SE support at 12pm sharp. Have ticket number ready in a calm voice lol. Hopefully they can work this out for you.

SE Support:

1-858-790-7529

That would be rather submariner style of them. Ban me once, then let me play 1.0 freely knowing that it will be a horrific bomb they will have to completely redesign and re-launch years later. Then once the re-launch is complete and their spies have carefully lured me back to my old guild with promises of playing with old friends and the game has begun, BOOM! Double ban.

And now the fun of even trying to get into the queue to speak to a representative to fix this... I imagine it will be like the fun of a 3h wait time as phase 2 of the game where phase 1 is a roulette spin of getting past a busy signal...

Garret.... worst experience ever.

I think this is really a system problem on their end, I don't think you're the only one stuck in that boat.

I can't imagine I am. My assumption is that the system failure is that when registering during the beta period or early access there is nothing that prompts you to register a services account since a monthly fee is not yet required, however, once you have set up an initial account there is no way to update that information without the system trying to re-register your copy. Just a pure failure in workflow really. I also strongly dislike the numerous sites account info is linked to. There's the Lodestone, the Mog Station, the Support Center, your Account Management area, and all of them keep pointing to one of the others saying that's where you need to go.

It seems like nobody in their services division simply said, "Hey, how about we walk through how one would actually register in X, Y, Z circumstances." If so, you would think they would have said, "Wow, this is atrocious and also sometimes impossible."

Issue may be resolved. It looks like my new reg. code for the full release version was picked up by my spam filter.

I had the same thing. Went back to my platform that I purchased from and almost like magic it loaded my separate collectors edition reg code. Back in action......and then NA servers dont populate. Fantastic.

Yeah, all better now minus the whole NA servers not populating thing. So weird, some SE mail comes through fine and some is grabbed by the spam folder it seems.

If these issues still occur in 2-3 weeks, SE is gonna make a ton of money in world transfers.

Maybe that's their plan.. haha.

Also, no characters load in mogstation either.

Think I'll wait until my characters show up in mogstation before I try logging in again.

Back