SE does something RIGHT for once!

This is just brilliant on SE's part. Short of mandating the use of them, they simply make us an offer we can't refuse. It makes the entire base happy and safer for it. I know I probably wouldn't have gotten one without this kind of offer. (Even though I should have.)

^ Ditto.

This is just brilliant on SE's part. Short of mandating the use of them, they simply make us an offer we can't refuse. It makes the entire base happy and safer for it. I know I probably wouldn't have gotten one without this kind of offer. (Even though I should have.)

You'd think so but there are whiners all over the other forums because of this. People are upset that SE is making people pay for inventory while ignoring the benefits of security and SE's need to cover overhead costs.

I agree that it's an awesome (intelligent) incentive. All I hope for is that there's a temporary off switch somewhere if I need there to be.

yeah shes prone to dropping things like her cell phone whats to say she wont drop and break that? then what?

Oh wow! I can hardly believe this is right; I keep looking for some misinterpretation or catch. If we can take this at face value, it's amazing!

I would guess this would be available through the Menu item that lets you look in your safe/storage/locker while out and about, with the difference that you could switch items between bag and satchel. I could be wrong, but I doubt they'll make it act just like the current gobbiebag. At best I could see extra drops going into it automatically. Still, this is a great place to keep a few extra stacks of echoes, oils, powders, ninja tools, ammo, etc., even if they are slightly harder to access.

I also can't believe people are complaining about this. :p It's a $10 one-time cost that increases your security and gives an amazing inventory boost. There is virtually no downside, except potentially for people who need to share account info (and hopefully that will be accounted for).

1. These if they are anything like RSA key fobs (same thing, diff company), these things are virtually indestructable. When my RSA key got replaced by an electronic key, it took me 45 min to pry the f'er apart with screwdrivers. They literally encased the electronic components in epoxy inside the outer plastic case. That being said, don't, say, drop it in a fire.

2. Don't be a retard with it. Giving it to little Johnny before he goes out to play is a really bad idea. If you lose it, you're going to be w/o FFXI for a while unless they leave you a back door. Consider wiring it to a brick (well maybe not a brick) or bolting it to your desk if you never play FFXI outside your home. If you play outside your home, attach it to something important, i.e. your key ring.

3. Sharing will generally be easy, you just need a quick means of sharing your pw, via IM, phone, etc.

This is a good thing, it means far less worry about getting your account stolen by RMT. If you don't want to get it, then don't. Anyone who doesn't get one should expect an "I told you so"/"that's too bad" from SE, and a great many others will think said player is a fool.

$9.99 is cheap for this, they are selling it at a loss, if only to mitigate the hundreds of thousands it is costing them dealing with stolen accounts. In the long term you buying one of these at a loss to them saves SE money. The satchel is the proverbial carrot being dangled in front of your face to get you to fall all over yourself to order it asap, also worth 10 bucks in my opinion, whereas the 50 cent pendant they sold for $50 was a total fleecing of those who bought it.

Huh?

I love my pendant, it kept me on time for Einherjar for God knows how many months due to my Salvage schedule, plus it was widely appreciated by all the other slackers who leeched off me. :p

That's good to know, @Fodder, lol as in my case this thing will be in my keychain xD

you might want to order several chiiana i know your innate ability for breaking things lol

I would say you will have to have room in you gobbie bag to move items from the other over to gobbie bag to use. Even if that is the case, it's pretty dam hot still:)

well not the first 500 times you dont but nothing is safe :D im not mean haha a little bitter after having to get an attorney this past week but yeah lol msn me sometime and i'll explain that to you chiiana you'll get a kick out of it

PlayOnline said:
In order to help ensure a smooth launch of the Square Enix Account and Square Enix Security Token, the PlayOnline Information Center will be temporarily extending their hours of operation to include the weekend following the launch of these services. This includes both Saturday and Sunday. The Information Center will return to its regularly scheduled hours on Apr. 13th, 2009.

[Information Center Extended Hours]
Apr. 11, 2009 from 9:00 to 18:00 (PDT)
Apr. 12, 2009 from 9:00 to 18:00 (PDT)

PlayOnline Information Center
(858) 790-7529 (PLAY)
Monday through Friday
9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news15749.shtml

Back