Screw it, I give up

Dworvos

The crappy RNG
Ultima Legacy
Already been 6 hours since I started trying to update my FFXI client, only able to download 2 of the 1161 required files. I'll try again in a couple days.

Yea, I usually end up doing that anyways. Updates always fuck up a good portion of my week.

oh damn, figured it was gettin easier to get in... Dar and Mora started theirs... you guys still going with download or "Server busy" error pop up again?...

I attempted to get back on an hour ago and couldn't even log into POL, and I figured it wont get any better seeing as how it isn't even prime time yet, so I've been just vegging out for the past hour.

Talfus said:
oh damn, figured it was gettin easier to get in... Dar and Mora started theirs... you guys still going with download or "Server busy" error pop up again?...

Yea im screwed over here....

gonna go...do....some....thing... else I guess -_-

Yea same, can't update in the middle of the afternnoon, and i'm guessing 3/4th the server is gonna try to update in a few hours too... so see ya guys on wednesday... maybe :/

Dworvos said:
Already been 6 hours since I started trying to update my FFXI client, only able to download 2 of the 1161 required files. I'll try again in a couple days.

The roughest part is the first 12-24 hours after a patch like this... I'm having fairly good sucess at 3:21 PM EDT. My main PC is about 40% done with the update and a 2nd PC 20%... I had no problems getting on POL when I got home this afternoon.

Things should be picking up.

For the record SE posted an Addition 3 on their website

Jul. 19, 2005 11:35 [PDT]

Congestion During the Version Update: Addition 3

This is a follow-up regarding the version update issues occurring since Jul. 19, 2005 2:00 (PDT).

After some system adjustments, the issue is starting to resolve. We will continue to investigate and do whatever necessary to fully resolve the issues.

If errors such as "FFXI-1160" or "FFXI-0010" still appear, please wait for a while and try again later.

*Another minor update is scheduled for around 14:00 (PDT) on Jul. 19, 2005.

Kalia said:
For the record SE posted an Addition 3 on their website

Jul. 19, 2005 11:35 [PDT]

Congestion During the Version Update: Addition 3

This is a follow-up regarding the version update issues occurring since Jul. 19, 2005 2:00 (PDT).

After some system adjustments, the issue is starting to resolve. We will continue to investigate and do whatever necessary to fully resolve the issues.

If errors such as "FFXI-1160" or "FFXI-0010" still appear, please wait for a while and try again later.

*Another minor update is scheduled for around 14:00 (PDT) on Jul. 19, 2005.

SE> Yes we are resolving the issue by doing some System adjustments!

Me> Bullshit you fucking lier! As more ppl download and finish of course it'll get easier to get in and download... sheesh

I mean what could they possibly do to make it easier for everyone to access the server at same time and download this patch? Pretty sure servers have a set number of connections at once. Dunno why I'm bitching... I'm stuck at work anyway for another 3.5 hours lol eh boredom is a killa

Shrike said:
Whoa, actually downloading now... 50 minutes left

Yea I tasted that forbidden fruit about 15 mins ago....but then it decided to 0010 kick me at around 12%.....stay strong!!!, its gonna be a long fight :arg:

~Dar

/emote throws in the towel after trying last night and now this afternoon

Back