Salvage?

• Yes

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
Honestly I'd probably even break mine and just go LS only if there was a chance it would be long lasting and consistent. But like others in the thread have said, it requires a lot of commitment in multiple areas of the game, and even 1 key person not showing up can end a run before it even starts. SE has said in recent interviews that they're going to see about making Salvage easier, if that happens I can see something like this working. For the time being though, I'm still skeptical that Salvage can really exist as an LS event with any LS, not just ours.

But like I said, I can try to make it once a week depending what day it is.

there seem to be enough people that said maybe/yes, so how about picking a day and see who it does and doesn't work for? Sunday before Dynamis seems doable.

Hmm well if they made all the cell drops 100% I think that would be much better.

Hmm well if they made all the cell drops 100% I think that would be much better.

I don't think that would hlep. We've already shown we can kill every important NM in the zones even with the limited cell drops that we already have. You can still go 0/50 on the drop from an enemy that you only have 2 chances of killing per run, meaning that after 25 Salvage runs (6 months if you go once a week) you still have no item. That's the biggest problem IMO.

it's not the drop rate that blows, its the assault point cost
they should drop it to 1000 so at least you can earn enough points in 1 rank 3 assault to attend

it's not the drop rate that blows, its the assault point cost
they should drop it to 1000 so at least you can earn enough points in 1 rank 3 assault to attend

yeah I bet a lot of people would be more willing to go if they tweaked the cost to go to this place...

yeah 2k AP isn't that much but at the same time it is... in my eyes at least

not that it really matters for me since even if I did get all three items to upgrade there's no way in hell I could afford the like 20 O. ingots and all that bullshit

Most of the pieces are cheap to upgrade. Only body (imp. wootz ingot x12) and head pieces (ocl. ingot x12) are expensive.

i'm totally down to try it if we throw Assault into the schedule along side of it. I think leaving it up to the members to do assaults themselves is doable, but it helps if you want to avoid pick-up groups or like having things "set in stone".

Hmm well when would you schedule this?

Saturday half of us have our current salvage ls, not like we can just tell them to fuck off while we try our own thing and see if it works.

Maybe we could try adding the people from ultima who are interested and have two groups doing x2 runs each every saturday...

Or maybe have it on wed? Not like people are doing dynamis. :x

Some people do DX on Wednesdays. I'd vote for Sunday before Dynamis personally.

Sorry for this getting pushed down so far. I do want to do this, but I'm still doing research on the zones and need to figure out how we would like to do it if we have a lot of interest. It seems that taking 18 into a zone usually doesn't help all that much, so we might end up splitting quite often. Anyway, for times, Sunday afternoon or Tuesday after limbus might work (although that might be a bit late for some people). Saturdays would be fine also, even with Kalia's shell, I think we could field enough, but Saturdays I am frequently unavailable.

If you go Sunday I can probably find some time to tag along for the first few runs (or permanently depending on whether or not I can muster up assault points. I haven't had a lot of playtime recently due to my new job though :( ). If it's researching the zones that you're worried about, the best way to learn is by doing it. Even if I can't go, I'm sure at least at least 1 or 2 people from the group I go with would be able to, and most people are familiar with the routes we take by now so they coudl walk you through.

Yea, I would say Sunday's would be the best for me as well. Possibly even those who are interested and are also attending Negatron.

~Pitlith

Back