Salvage Info: Bhaflau Remnants

Magos

Shantotto Fanboy
For those of you that can't access BG, here is all the Salavge info I've found for Bhaflau Remnants. Please feel free to add info that you might find pertinent. Enjoy :)

Strategy

I have posted the source material for this summary in my LJ here: Salvage - Bhaflau Remnants - LBC Defeated. This link contains a lot of detail that I didn't put into this post.

1. On 1st Floor, used West Route.
2. Farmed Bifrons first for weapons and then wamouracampa for armor slots.
3. Pulled Trolls for weapons and HP
4. Pulled wandering wamoura for magic and JAs.
5. Returned to wamouracampas for more armor slots.

We did not attempt mad bomber or any other NMs on this floor.

6. On 2nd Floor, pulled all four flans.
7. Went East to scorpions and the troll ironworker (I think we went south east, but I can't be sure -edited 12/27)

We did not attempt any NMs on this floor.

** Please note this before porting up: (added 12/27)
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="90%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Gwynplaine wrote:</TD></TR><TR><TD class=quote>In order to get to the black pudding room on floor 3 I think you need to take one of the south teleports from floor 2. Pudding room is at H-9 so its only accessible from the south.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

8. On 3rd Floor, invised to the big room at H9 with Black Pudding. Killed them all for more magic, HP, weapon, and max MP cells.

We did not attempt any NMs on this floor.

9. On 4th Floor, buffed and chilled while one person went to activate the teleporter.

We did not attempt anything on this floor.

10. LBC Floor.

-----------------------------------------------

# Party Setup

Party 1: BRD , BLM , WHM , BLM , SAM/THF , BLM
Party 2: WHM , RDM , PLD/NIN , NIN
Party 3: WHM , RDM , MNK , RNG , BL

-----------------------------------------------

# LBC Fight

PLD to his left, NIN to his right.
BRD and SAM only come close when they need to.
RNG is behind them standing on the platform.
Everyone else is standing near the Gilded Doors.

1. Stun works against Homing Missile. Have rotation set up like at Cerberus.
2. Try to save those r/e/t items like dusty and those stat drinks for LBC. They come in handy since they don't have any med effect.
3. I think everyone had max HP, body, hands, legs, feet, and weapon (even the mages). Magic-users and NINs all had Magic, max MP. Melees/Tanks had sub job and JAs.

SAM average melee hit was 53.
RNG ranged attacks average around 60-80 and critical up to 120.
PLD and NIN melee attacks were negligable (averaged around 15-25).

====================================================

Did a run last night, not sure if any of it would be helpful to anyone but I'll give a rundown for example's sake.

Took West path first, killing bombs first for weapons. Some advice... we had two thieves this time around, and we were getting 2-3 weapon drops per bomb. TH rocks the place. This meant that we were fully weaponed after only a couple of bombs, and took out the rest of the floor way faster.

Took out wamouras for armor, as many as we could kill quickly on the way, and then did some trolls and flyers for magic, abilities, and subs. On these you'll probably get more weapons; because of how many were dropping, we were down to giving our mages staves at this point.

Second floor, we killed the 4 Flans, then rushed out the East exit and went south. Killed room with 6 scorps and 2 trolls for a ton of stat boosters, then did a couple more scorpions in the next room while I rushed for the teleporter.

Third floor, we killed a couple of the Flans, and then I ran ahead to the teleporter while the group kept killing. They took down 2-3 more by the time I got there, and by then everyone that could use magic had it.

This is where I may have made a mistake. On the 4th floor, we only killed 1 Archaic Gear and 2 Archaic Gears (the triple gears). I'd heard that these weaken the boss. At this point, being a NIN, I 25%'d my ass past the Archaic Chariot and his gear friends, who chased me and did not warp. I saw earlier that someone with a Bhaflau card approached some and they warped; I had one, and everything I agroed on the 3rd floor warped on me. You need to act on it before it agros, basically. On the 4th floor, however, stuff chased me. Funny thing though, I had only Sneak on, and the gear that agroed me didn't do so until I had passed it and almost gone north into the next room. Either it's a very delayed true-sound agro, or it's some kind of sight agro, or something else entirely. In any case, I outran the whole mess while my group took out one more (single) gear and recovered. We didn't kill any of the Archaic Chariots.

5th floor, we engaged the boss with groups as follows:
PLD/NIN NIN WHM RDM BRD BLM
SAM/RNG RNG DRG THF
MNK WAR DRK BLM THF

So we went in with 16 people. All I can say is, the thing is brutal. My initial thought was to kite, but the PLD didn't have 12%, and it was 8:00 game time so we didn't have time to wait for night for me to kite. We tried having the RNG and SAM/RNG peck away at it while BLMs nuked lightly and the THFs sata'd back and forth. TA+WS was doing Jorm-type damage, and not sticking much hate on us. We stunned a couple of Homing Missiles, but he also resisted a lot of stuns, and the BLMs got too much hate to nuke much. We got it to 84% before he went nuts with the Homing Missile spam.

One thing, people have probably noticed it, Homing Missile doesn't appear to kill. One left two members of the alliance at 1 and 4 hp, respectively. When people had less HP, it did less damage. Highest one I got hit with did over 900, lowest was under 400. Also, his regular hits were very, very erratic, anywhere from 120 to crits close to 500. I didn't notice any difference between side-arm tanking him and straight-on tanking in terms of damage taken. Crits on mages were close to 900.

As for melee, toward the end when we didn't really have much chance left I tried with katanas, and was doing 10-20 with crits in the 40 range. Sidewinders were doing 200-400. SAM 2hr did 3 Sidewinders for 600 total. He did it for fun from 100%, and I Mijin'd for another 200, and that all totaled took him down to 97%. So 800 damage = about 3% in terms of his max HP. Chi Blast was doing good damage, but the hate-holding potential wasn't there with just a PLD/NIN and NIN. Could be easier if we did more than 2-3 voke/flash rounds next time.

In truth, we could have held him all day, but we only had about 20 minutes. We could have fought him Ultima-style but we didn't have enough TA action to keep hate, since the regular THF SATA was doing 150-200 tops. Next time we'll probably bring a couple of SAM/THF and set up some fat skillchains for MB. Biggest constraint I can see, though, is the time. In 10 minutes of trying different methods, and evenutally trying 2hrs, we only took him down to 84%. Our ranged attacks were feeding him way too much TP, and he had already used 4-5 ws's by 95%. I'm not sure how well kiting would work, but since it's been confirmed you can outrun Homing Missile, timing it so your last 30 minutes were during nighttime might let a NIN kite efficiently. But then I don't know if enough damage could be done in the time allotted.

In any case, it was too hard for us to beat on our first try. We'll be trying again soon, and if anyone has any more input/questions about specifics, please ask.

There really has to be SOME way to weaken him, because as it is he's extremely hard to kill. I'm hoping we can confirm something soon.

=========================================================================

# Cell Drop List

-- Enter 1st Floor @ 09:01 --

@ Bifrons 09:04 (H-10)
Incus (Weapon)

@ Bifrons 09:05 (G-9)
Incus (Weapon), Duplicatus (SJ), 2x Spissatus (MP)

@ Bifrons 09:07 (G-9)
Incus (Weapon), 2x Duplicatus (SJ), 2x Humilus (HP)

@ Bifrons 09:10 (G-8)
Duplicatus (SJ), Spissatus (MP)

@ Troll Lapardist 09:12 (G-7, four wall room)
no drops

@ Bifrons 09:13 (G-7, big room)
2x Humilus (HP)

@ Troll Lapardist 09:12 (G-7, big room)
no drops

@ Bifrons 09:16 (G-7, big room)
Incus (Weapon), Duplicatus (SJ), 2x Humilus (HP)

@ W.Wamoura 09:18 (H-8)
2x Opacus (JA), Praecipitatio (Magic)

@ W.Wamoura 09:21 (H-8)
Opacus (JA), Praecipitatio (Magic)

@ W.Wamoura 09:22 (H-8)
3x Opacus (JA), Praecipitatio (Magic)

@ Troll Ironworker 09:24 (H-8)
Duplicatus (SJ)

@ Troll Ironworker 09:25 (H-8)
2x Humilus (HP)

@ Wamouracampa 09:27 (G-7, big room)
3x Stratus (Leg/Feet), 3x CirroCumulus (Back/Waist), 2 Virga (Ear/Ring)

@ Wamouracampa 09:28 (G-7, big room)
3x Castellanus (Head/Neck), 3x Cumulus (Body), 2x Undulatus (Ranged/Ammo)

@ Wamouracampa 09:30 (G-7, big room)
3x Castellanus (Head/Neck), Virga (Ear/Ring), 3x Radiatus (Hand)

@ Wamouracampa 09:32 (G-7, big room)
2x Undulatus (Ranged/Ammo), Castellanus (Head/Neck), 3x Stratus (Leg/Feet)

@ Wamouracampa 09:32 (G-7, big room)
2x Stratus (Leg/Feet), 4x Castellanus (Head/Neck)

@ Wamouracampa 09:33 (G-7, big room)
3x CirroCumulus (Back/Waist), 3x Virga (Ear/Ring), 2x Stratus (Leg/Feet)

@ Wamouracampa 09:35 (G-7, four wall room)
3x Castellanus (Head/Neck), 2x Virga (Ear/Ring), 3x CirroCumulus (Back/Waist)

@ Wamouracampa 09:36 (G-7, four wall room)
3x CirroCumulus (Back/Waist), 2x Undulatus (Ranged/Ammo), Cumulus (Body)

@ Wamouracampa 09:37 (G-7, four wall room)
2x Virga (Ear/Ring), 6x Stratus (Leg/Feet)

-- Port to 2nd Floor @ 09:38 --

@ E.Flan 09:40 (H-8/H-9 Ring)
Praecipitatio (Magic), Opacus (JA)

@ E.Flan 09:41 (H-8/H-9 Ring)
Praecipitatio (Magic), Opacus (JA)

@ E.Flan 09:43 (H-8/H-9 Ring)
Praecipitatio (Magic), 2x Opacus (JA)

@ E.Flan 09:44 (H-8/H-9 Ring)
Praecipitatio (Magic), 2x Opacus (JA)

@ Flux Flan 09:48 (I-9, NorthEast corner room, Socket)
** Traded Spissatus, Got 2x Spissatus (MP)

@ Troll Smelter 09:49 (I-9, room in center)
Humilus (HP), 2x Mediocris (CHR)

@ Sulfur Scorpion 09:51 (I-9, room in center)
3x Pannus (STR)

@ Sulfur Scorpion 09:52 (I-9, room in center)
3x Mediocris (CHR), Pannus (STR)

@ Sulfur Scorpion 09:53 (I-9, room in center)
Pannus (STR), 2x Pileus (MND)

@ Sulfur Scorpion 09:56 (I-9, room in center)
2x Pileus (MND), Humilus (HP)

@ Sulfur Scorpion 09:56 (I-9, room in center)
2x Pannus (STR), Incus (Weapon)

@ Sulfur Scorpion 09:57 (I-10)
Incus (Weapon), 3x Radiatus (Hand)

@ Sulfur Scorpion 09:58 (I-10)
Incus (Weapon), 3x Virga (Ear/Ring)

-- Port to 3rd Floor @ 10:00 --

@ Black Pudding 10:04 (H-9)
Humilus (HP), 3x Undulatus (Ranged/Ammo)

@ Black Pudding 10:04 (H-9)
Praecipitatio (Magic), Spissatus (MP)

@ Black Pudding 10:07 (H-9)
2x Humilus (HP), 2x Duplicatus (SJ)

@ Black Pudding 10:07 (H-9)
2x Praecipitatio (Magic), Spissatus (MP)

** One of us ran to the porter at J-9 to port us up.

-- Port to 4th Floor @ 10:09 --

-- Port to 5th Floor @ 10:15 --

# Comments about our LBC fight

Hevada used an Oracle's Drink and his damage was significantly higher than anything else including the other BLMs. Note: He also had INT stat encumbrance since we couldn't get any Velum cells to drop at all in this run. Once he KO'd and RR'd, his damage output reflected his encumbered status.

PLD used Body Boost.
NIN used Body Boost.

RNG was doing his normal damage just like last time.

MNK chi-blast doing less than last time. I wonder if he even used the MND item. (He's not our usual galka MNK unfortuntely.)

Stun. We rarely used it this time. Also, LBC did not spam Homing Missile.

Healers. Please bring some raven/crow for casting cures after Homing Missile.

# Observations

1. The drops were different from our last few runs. They included way too many STR cells and no INT cells at all even though we went the exact same route as before. This is what, ultimately, lead to our running out of time against LBC.

2. There were a few mobs that didn't drop anything. This was different from any of our runs but probably due to our lack of THF.

3. Also, from the SS from the LBC fight, it seemed that a lot more people still didn't have their 'visible' gears equipped than our last fight. I'm thinking that was due to two things: we got fewer cells to drop overall and our cell lotting wasn't as well-controlled as it was last time. I mostly blame the lack of THF main for the first.

=========================================

http://kanican.livejournal.com/4752.html

Last edited:
Long-Bowed Chariot Strategy!!!

We took a group of 12 today and won with 6 minutes remaining. Was only our 3rd attempt at the boss I think. The previous 2 losses were due to Homing Missile spammage and the hate resets just killed us. Setup was...

NIN/DRK x2
BRD x2
BLM x3
RDM
MNK
THF
WAR
COR

For the boss, we realized that a NIN can solo tank it pretty easily, especially with the amount of buffs we gave each of them - x2 marches, ninja evasion roll, mambo, etc. So we had each NIN stand to the left and to the right out in front at max casting range (when LBC is attacking one, the other is at max range on cast). Then the 2 NINs essentially played tug of war on hate and LBC would just bounce back and forth. It was stupidly easy to tank this way until the first Missiles because it would just run back and forth and can't decide who it wants to hit.

When missiles started going off, it would only be directed in the direction of one of the tanks and the other would maintain his hate and solo tank until the next missiles (the other tank never gets hate back unless missiles is used). In this fashion, we were able to secure hate pretty well. We did have some rough times at the end because one of the tanks died. We had alot of MP issues - the setup we took was extremely low on curing power when SJs are not unlocked (and we had SJ issues). Overall, I would definately recommend something similar to this tanking idea though. It seems to work very well - we didn't take a WHM but I think a Cure5 would help after missiles as far as MP and hate efficiency.

All 3 melees (MNK THF WAR) stood back after unloading TP to start. From that point on, the only DD were 3 BLMs and a MNK doing chi blasts. LBC does have some slight TP regen because it would still WS sometimes when we were just holding it. HP appears to be exactly 30,000 (based on our numbers and wunjo's numbers if you number crunch his first win post).

Dropped Phobos Mask and Bodb Robe.

I'll have pics up on blogger tonight or tomorrow probably that show the positioning.

========================

http://kanican.livejournal.com/4752.html

* Please check out the LBC section on Kaeko's LJ for a much more in-depth guide to dealing w/ LBC! *

Last edited:
Bhaflau Salvage NMs

ok, I found out about the Dormant Ramparts...atleast two of em.

First one spawns when you kill Mad Bomber, you have to KILL it, not let it blow up. Dormant Rampart is a gate, using it ports you to a room with a Reactionary Rampart. Damaging it causes it to spawn mobs. The one from Mad Bomber brings you to the chigoe room. We let it spawn 5 chigoes, since the dats say theres another mob, but no more started spawning. Eventually we killed RR and we got ported out. I thought that holding 5 mobs up would make it spawn the 6th mob, "Gate Widow", but that didnt go as planned. Killing the RR dropped a Bhaflau Card.

On the second floor are 4 Flans, killing those spawns another DR, and using that one sends you the same room, except with a RR that spawns Wasps. We did the hold 5 mobs up again, but with the same result. We killed the RR again, and then I started thinking it works like Alastor Antlion. Unfortunately, I didnt find out how to pop the other two Dormant Ramparts, but I'd wager they are on the 3rd and 4th floors.

LBC raped us in the ass again. These did NOT weaken the boss in any form. If someone gets to the room with a Reactionary Rampart, can you try various things to get the specific NM to spawn (Chigoe->Gate Widow, Hunting Wasp->Skirmish Pephredo), or how you got the other two DR's to spawn.

================================================== ====

The parts about the Dormant Rampart spawn requirements fits with what i've seen. On the first run we encountered Mad Bomber in the room at I-8. We fought him and after he grew (like aerial torpedo/snoll tzar) he self destructs at low health and we never saw a Dormant Rampart. Floor 2 we killed all 4 flan in the very middle and sure enough the Dormant Rampart is waiting in the middle west room. A best guess would say if you go east it spawns in the room mirrored of its west side. After being warped to it's special area we thought it was going to be much harder than it was. We attacked it in full force and wound up killing it so fast it never spawned a mob, warping us back to where we started. If it does spawn wasps like that person said Zebra Zachary is probably some NM bee (stripes on bees, stripes on zebra's, eh whatever).

Has anyone seen Mad Bomber spawn on the eastern route? I have seen it at wests I-8 and read of someone saying it was at lower J-10 but no reports of it in the east.

As far as routes go, floor one splits immediately into east and west. The route going east has Wamouracamps where west has Eruca instead. West route's Wamoura drop Equipment items, East's Erucas drop all Stat unlock items. So choose whichever you'd rather focus on. Erucas also have cocoon that can make them slower to kill.

If you take the one of two southern routes on floor 2 you will face a large room filled with Black Pudding's on floor 3 (I think I counted 13 total). So if your more geared for nuking flans you may want to choose that route, versus trolls and wamoura north. Floor 3's middle section are filled with Archaic Gear(s).

================================================== ===

BT: Sunday, December 24.

# Mad Bomber

We went through the East side (1st Floor) on our Sunday run.

Bifrons @ I-10: Incus and Spissatus from Bifrons. Priority: BLM, RDM, and then WHM.
Carmine Eruca: Congestus (VIT) and Mediocris (CHR).
** Used Silent Oils to get passed the Erucas.
Bifrons @ I-9/J-9 room: Duplicatus, Humilus, and Anu's tiara.
** Continued North along I/J border fighting only Bifrons.
Troll Gem @ J-7(?) room: (forgot drops)
Scorpions @ I-7 room: for Praecip (magic) and Opacus (JAs).
** Priority for Magic: WHM (only 2 out of our 3), and then BLMs and RDMs.
Scorpions and Trolls from Big room H-8 for more of their cell drops.

Then we looked for the Mad Bomber. Found it at J-10.
WHMs, Banish3 and Banishga2 hit for over 60 damage on him. I don't know if that's a lot compared to everyone else since I had it filtered.

Defeated it without Self-Destruct. No drops. Dormant Rampart appears.

# Reactionary Rampart

We attacked RR and took just a small amount of its HP off. Then we started fighting wave after wave of Chigoe. I think they were expecting some NM to pop. I saw that a few times, one or two of our group would run off to see if any of the doors woudl open(?). I looked to see if a door was open on the southwest side, but it looked closed. I didn't get close enough to try to open it though.

After about maybe 20-25 chigoe, we got its HP down to a sliver and kept killing Chigoe. Another couple of waves and we just killed it.

The Chigoe don't hit hard at all. I was able to tank a few as WHM with just stoneskin and aquavail.

Defeated RR. No Drops.

# Observations

We spent a lot of time trying to work out a strategy for the East side and for dealing with Mad Bomber/RR. Killing wave after wave of Chigoe didn't seem to do anything that we could tell. Because we spent so much time on the Chigoe and other things, we didn't have time to see the effect on LBC.

It looks like every floor has a way to get high level drops.

First Floor: Kill Bomb NM, fight the Chigoe + Gate Widow Rampart

Second Floor: Kill 4 Flans, fight the Wasp + Skirmish Pephredo Rampart

Third Floor: Kill ??? (I'm guessing all of the Archaic Gears from both East and West Side), fight the Colibri + Zebra Zachary Rampart

Fourth Floor: Kill the Chariot and get to H-7 without aggroing any Gears at all? Kill all the Gears before they Teleport? Somehow fight the Tragopan + Peryton Rampart

Fifth Floor: Long-Bowed Chariot

I was wondering if anyone had info on the Mad Bomber and Flan Gates... done this zone 2 times now and I've never seen them appear. Does the Mad Bomber spawn after killing all the Bifrons, or is he always up? Can you Widescan for the NMs / Gates (they are NPCs right?)

Edit: PS, the info I got is from here: http://f31.aaa.livedoor.jp/~airforce/sal_conquest_baf.html

Also the drop chart here is pretty interesting... if I'm reading it right then the Archaic Gears (Cluster) on the 3rd floor can drop level 35 pieces with a low chance.

http://f31.aaa.livedoor.jp/~airforce/sal_item_area.html

# First Floor's DR

Killed Mad Bomber and DR popped. Got warped to RR room.

One of our melees hit it one time. After that, we let it spawn chigoe until it simply fell to the ground. (each chigoe takes a bit of the RR's hp.) No Gate Widow spawn, no drops. I counted at least 75 Chigoe.

# Second Floor's DR

Killed all four Flans and DR popped. Got warped to RR room.

Did the same thing as first floor. Skirmish Pephredo spawned as the 7th mob. The RR comtinued to spawn Homing Wasps. We killed SP and no drop. Then we meleed and killed the RR. No drops.

We did get two armor drops off regular mobs.

# Problem of Velum Cells

On the second floor, we went east after dealing with the RR. Once we got to the 'Socket' room, our puller pulled a scorpion from the north room instead of us just proceeding south. This way, we could test to see if we could even get Velum cells on the east side.

It worked. We got plenty of them as well as a bunch of the usual stat and weapon cells.

Maps

0125bhaflauremnants2copxh7.jpg

Floor3.jpg

Floor2.jpg

Back