Salted Flakes

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
So, I was thinking to myself the other day my static of eld has had a bunch of roster changes over the years. Namely healers. Particularly in the Heavensward expansion. We had a lot of healers just flake on us then, so raiding each week became a monumental chore.

I wondered what others have experienced with flakiness? It doesn't have to be a static, of course, but perhaps in a really good farm party. A short term static for bird farming, maybe? Maybe just people flaking on a planned event with the FC. Tell me the story of your flakes, maybe go on a rant about how salty they made you! The floor is yours, after I dispense with mine.

So I'll share my experiences from a few different statics at different points.

In ARR I made my first alt. In short order I moved him to Sargatanas for non-raid related reasons and wound up raiding anyway. I cleared Turn 9 in a PUG with him, and half of the PUG was trying to form a static for FCoB. I joined their static, and it was a really tumultuous static, but it was the first time in the game where I really got ahead of my other friends in their separate statics and ahead of my main, in my main static on Excal. We started it mid December, and we cleared Turns 10 through 12 by January. However, our WHM wasn't very good by the static's standards, because she was having a hard time meeting healer checks and contributing "good" DPS. Bear in mind, she was passing all checks, and was DPSing. When we could have started progging Turn 13, the leads of the static made the motion to kick her out. After that, we had revolving door healers for a month. We wound up letting her back in. Our SCH was her boyfriend and one of the raid leads btw(and he strongly advocated for her dismissal, I was opposed). It was weird. When we finally cleared Turn 13 we got a Healer Body and the WHM cane. The second time we got SCH book. The third time, another healer body. Now having all of the gear from FCoB for their healers on what have would have been a 4th clear week, the SCH and WHM say to the rest of us, "Hey, we're done with raiding until Heavensward, see you in the expansion!" All cheerful. None of the rest of us had weapons for our mains. When we protested, they didn't understand our frustration and then never talked to us again.

In HW in my main static, the one that's still going, we thought we'd found a solid pair of healers. The SCH was a bit foggy headed, but our... I can't remember if she was AST or WHM, was super on point. We loved having her, and she seemed to enjoy our group. She joined into our static when Midas was fresh I think after we'd cleared 5 & 6. We progged all of A7s with her, and we cleared it a few times with her. We got he the healer pants, and then suddenly she said she couldn't raid with us anymore. She left the static and started raiding with her boyfriend, sometimes. It was really weird. No explanation, just gone. Revolving door and PUG healers for the rest of the tier.

Continue reading...

Back