Role Skills In The Future?

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
Greetings Citizens of Eorzea,
I wanted to share some thoughts i had on role skills and how i'd like to see them in the future if possible. In my opinion, there is way too few of them.While the old role system we had where you could only select a few ones from a rather modest selection was a great idea in itself, wasn't optimized well enough before it was dropped entirely with a simple "why not just give the player's all of them at once" solution. With the coming of further Expansions we will get (most likely) more and more skills, to the point where it might become overwhelming, instead of that, why not just add a bit more customisation into it and let players decide which skills they would like to take (Skills should have of course, a level restriction to keep the balance in check)?

Healer's for example, while keeping their Job specific Skills should have access to spells that:
-inflict more status ailments such as Poison, Paralyze,Slow or Blind.
-can be used offensivly such as Bane or Holy or even low level Black Magic spells for Scholar/Astrologian
-grand utility such as Reflect (not complete reflect, but a portion of the damage), Berserk/Haste, Protect

Casters: while Casters are fine as they are, they would probably have to undergo a complete rework for such a change if every job had to benefit from this:
-maybe having the low chance to be granted a dual cast buff passively
-a more limited access to Status Ailments compared to Healers
-Drain(with more potency but a longer CD, similar on how second wind works)
-low level Healing skills with long CD's (like physick which SMN has, but with a cooldown of 2+ Minutes with a decent Potency)

-as for the Ailment issue, it should come naturally that certain enemies are of course, immune to certain types of them.

If i am being honest here, i wouldnt know on how to adress this on tanks or melee DPS so i cant say much about it, maybe you guys have a few ideas to share about it?

Continue reading...

Back