RMT Go down the hole.....

Aangeliceus

Kitteh's Meow
FC/Leadership
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news7775.shtml

Jun. 12, 2006 01:00 [PDT]

RMT Countermeasures

Recently, a number of accounts which were confirmed to have violated the the user agreement by using unauthorized third-party software tools were discovered and have been permanently suspended.

Since the middle of May, 2006, the development team and the GMs carried out a detailed investigation of this problem, and discovered the existence of a group using illicit methods to produce large amounts of gil that are later sold in the real world (Real Money Trading). We would like to take this opportunity to outline the measures that have been taken to correct this issue.

Based on the results of this investigation, more than 250 accounts among those found to be involved in large-scale RMT operations have been terminated. We will continue to monitor accounts suspected of dealing in gil created or obtained in an unfair manner. Thanks to these measures, more than 250 billion gil has been removed from circulation.

As has been previously stated, acts of RMT will not be tolerated in FINAL FANTASY XI, and any violations of the user agreement will be dealt with severely. We would like to assure our players that all efforts are being made to ensure a fair playing experience.

We hope to have your continuing understanding and cooperation in creating a Vana'diel that everyone can enjoy.
spacer.gif

wheee less gilsellers again wheee.... this will last for a couple weeks til they can lvl new accts.

This was kind of a weird announcement. It is worded exactly the same as that last one from a few months go. But last time there was insane inflation across the board, stuff rose to unbelievable prices. This time nothing. I haven't noticed any inflation anyway.

Aangeliceus said:
...and discovered the existence of a group using illicit methods to produce large amounts of gil...

...monitor accounts suspected of dealing in gil created or obtained in an unfair manner.
spacer.gif

I am interpreting this as, RMT had some kind of dupe that worked real well, and got caught, not, "we see the same group of 75's at ever $ NM and sky every day 24/7, selling drops and transferring the money to lvl 1 accounts in jeuno." So yes, 1 problem may have been solved, imo, the most visual problem is still there.

Or these posts of "mass RMT wipeage" are SE's way of spinning themselves in a more positive light.

Ohwell, something is better than nothing.

World of Warcraft Accounts Closed - 6/9/06
In keeping with Blizzard's aggressive stance against cheating in World of Warcraft, we banned over 30,000 accounts in the month of May, and with that removed well over 30 million gold from the economy across all realms. The banned accounts were taking part in activities that violate the game's Terms of Use, including using third-party programs to farm gold and items, which severely impacts the economy of a realm and the overall game enjoyment for all players.

We will continue to aggressively monitor all World of Warcraft realms in order to protect the service and its players from the harmful effects of cheating. Please note that selling World of Warcraft content, such as gold, items, and characters, can result in a permanent ban of the involved accounts from World of Warcraft.

Many account closures come as the direct result of tips reported to our GMs in game or emailed to our Hacks Team by legitimate World of Warcraft players. If you suspect that a World of Warcraft player is using an illegal third-party program to farm gold or items, or is otherwise violating our Terms of Use, please report the suspected infraction via one of the means listed above. All reports will be investigated, and those that prove false will not result in corrective action.

Thank you for your continued support, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

note the similarities...

My theory, with IGE loosing mass amounts of gill, Gillsellers came back with a vengence, GM's are getting more calls then ever.

I think this is just something to get people off the backs of SE, by bringing extra attention to one good thing they did, to mask the 500 things they suck at.

What was the illicit method though? Last time apparently it was related to being able to repeatedly steal items from monsters in Molvapolos. If it was just "botting NMs" they shoudl have gotten the Ishimorus, the Buonbeons, and hell even the Jakefirebrand's lol. But all those gil sellers were on this morning. I don't know, this one just seems weird. Last time there were clear indications stuff was going on, this one was just (at least for me) totally out of the blue.

the only kind of update im really interested in hearing from SE is:
"We have introduced new quests related to Artifact Armor sets for Blue Mage, Corsair and Puppetmaster".

until then... meh

OBTAINED TEH

MAGUS SKIMASK LOL

img_04.jpg

GIMME UR MONEIS BITCH!

I see that reference to Jakefirebrand in there Kalia! SNEAKY!

Last edited:
Anyone online to do a search on of the ullikumi camp? I'm curious if the gillsellers are still there

Well within 10 minutes of my previous post I logged in and Kawa, Pawlow and crew were all alive and well, in Monastic Caverns. They are all currently @ RuAvitau @ 2:27pm CST
GJ SE.

I hope I can sell all the HQ shit I made recently before prices fall again lol. I kinda like gilbuyers >.>

"Recently, a number of accounts which were confirmed to have violated the the"

did anyone else notice this? in aangs first post

I get a kick out of how they hire pre college kids to write those messages. Every time there is a /smes, I tend to crack a smile by seeing a typo 9/10 times.

But hey, it's cool. Still gets the message across

~Pitlith

fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too. cna yuo raed tihs?

i cdnuolt blveiee tath i cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht i was rdanieg. the phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at cmabrigde uinervtish, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.

the rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a whlohe.

lol lostsoul, that was freaky.

SE reminds me of those Truth commercials about the cigarette company donating 1 mil to a charity and then wasting over 25mil saying what they did.
In the end SE cause cancers and kills 300mil people...

Back