Returning to Valefor....

Doran

Dreamer of a Better Zion
Hello All!

I am back on FFXI and am currently running around under the character name Billiez.

I am not sure how many of the all Ultima LS is still active, but I wanted to reach out to anyone that is still playing.

I had to scratch Doran due to getting locked out of the account, so I have a lot of content to get under my belt, but I am looking to be an active player in whatever is going on around the world(s).

Please send me a message or /befriend Billiez.

Thanks!

Anyone still playing? Think I may reactivate... within the next couple days. I know Joanna has been playing (which is one factor in my decision). Was going to start a new thread, then I saw this post (shows how often I've been showing up here lol).

Anyone still playing? Think I may reactivate... within the next couple days. I know Joanna has been playing (which is one factor in my decision). Was going to start a new thread, then I saw this post (shows how often I've been showing up here lol).

I've been on, just every so often. I'm been wrapping my head around these last updates... makes me feel old. FFXI isn't the same! lol.

Still, FFXI is better than FFXIV in my opinion. They've got a lot planned for XI during this year, including some much needed UI updates. /cheer

By the way, good to see you Fiko. ;)

yeah, I sure have a lot of catching up to do... FFXI may not be the same, but neither am I.. haha. Good to see you too, Aang!

and yeah.. FFXIV is free this week for former subscribers. I logged on and said to myself "People pay monthly for this..?" For all the changes... it still feels the same..

and yeah.. FFXIV is free this week for former subscribers. I logged on and said to myself "People pay monthly for this..?" For all the changes... it still feels the same..

Just can't do it, lol. I've really tried... (FFXIV) Certainly can't justify myself to spend the money for something I'll really never play. Shame...

Diablo III is out, but never played any of the predecessors.

The other day, I took a spin around the FFXI world, visiting sky, sea old camps. I sort of forgot about the shortcut to sky, lol.

In WoW, I'm finally leveled out and I spend time hunting horde. Problem is, can't hardly ever find anyone. It's a like a vast, empty world. FFXI, I at least see people! :p

yeah there's no way I'll spend money on that game.. still kicking myself for buying CE on day one.

I'm in same situation for Diablo 3.. never played any of the others so no real inclination to buy Diablo 3. Although that annual pass for WoW was tempting (gets you a free copy of diablo 3), I play WoW on and off, and not a real fan of the diablo series so not really justified.

Funny thing about WoW... I was given a free trial from a friend (resurrection scroll or whatever it is), and last time I played I was playing with Falk in his guild... because he hasn't been on in so long, it asked me if I wanted to dethrone him and take over leadership... lol. I declined though. That guild is pretty much empty, but marks only guild I was able to remain a member of after quitting and coming back recently. Most guilds seem happy to kick inactive players. That's my problem though... ever since I was done with FFXI, I've only been able to play MMO's in spurts. On a month, off a month... lol.

Aion is free to play now, downloaded that the other day... couldn't play for long though. Extensive mouse use bothers my wrist, and it was bothering me..

I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy the new ultimate collection for FFXI so I can get all three abyssea expansions for $20 instead of $30.. and reactivate.. probably not until late this month or next month though, we'll see. I'm getting owned this month thanks to at least two (maybe three) tickets I may need to pay off. (speeding, failure to notify dmv of change of address, etc..)

Just reactivated my account... a year and a half it's been... wonder what's changed...

Just reactivated my account... a year and a half it's been... wonder what's changed...

Start reading the version update notes, you've got a lot to go through!

I'm not sure when I'll be able to get on right now, need to take a break and go shoot some things in TF2 or BF3 for awhile, it's been a long week.

Haha yeah.... Tonight I must research version updates! Then... I get to make some macros.... That's the part I'm most dreading....

crap... just remembered I have to level subjobs... lol. perhaps I'll level nin first since.... my war is 75 and all...

OMG REFRESH II?! FUSAOFUSDAJFL.

OMG, job-specific emotes are so awesome... at least the ninja one is.. lol.

View attachment 539

I can't help but think SE was slightly influenced by Naruto's toad summon jutsu..

I wasn't expecting anything quite that epic... gonna get the rest I qualify for now lol.

sam from lv32 - 52 last night.... 50k exp/hr 4 person pt using tomes and level sync.. i'm blown away.....

I'll keep an eye out for you lol

I'm "almost" tempted to reactivate just to mess around... alas I have no idea what login info was and screw starting over at lvl 1 lol
So how is the game now? actually fun? Can you solo level now? lol

You can solo level at 50k /hr now lol, with grounds of valor at 75+. Can also get from 30 to 99 in a single day, I just did that with bst. Dude come back lol. Abyssea parties ate 100k /hr in a bad pt.... 250k /hr in a good one. Game is incredibly addicting now..

I highly highly highly recommend leveling bst... It's so easy now to level, and the new bst jug pets are ridiculously strong. I solo'd dynamis xarc last night as bst... 70 currency and 3 af2 (nin, bst, Smn).. Would have had a ton more currency but another bst WA competing at preferred camp. Dynamis now has buyable maps, no entry fee (after buying new key item for 50k), and possible to guarantee currency drops on every mob (lookup dynamis weakness targeting). Af2 is now +2'able (which are very nice upgrades), new limbus zones now, new einherjar I think.. And exp in Abyssea.. Every job is useful except rdm ;; there's so much to do now... And it's so fun soloing old content! Relic it's now easy to obtain.. And they added empyreal weapons and armor.. af3, and for most part it's all useful. Such a different game.. But I like the new game. the kings are now force pop...

Anyway, even if you have to start over, it's so easy to level, you'll be at last 75 within a few days. Khayman had to start over. He's a taru now lol . Name sadpanda. Back to work I go...

Hello,
Sorry to intrude.

None of you know me but I used to play a long while back.
The main character I used to play was Astriastarr, but then I let my niece play the game and she kinda took over my account lol.
Anyway, I would like to return to the game to check it out and this is the site I came across that seemed a bit active.
Just wondering, is it more solo friendly now? Are there at least a few LS's that I might be involved with? Maybe you have a spot
for a very old returning new player? :)

I was thinking about buying all of the expansions too.

Thanks for your time

Back