Relic Scythe Upgrade - Final Stage Attained?

Archain

Kitteh Paws
This is gonna be a big post.

Well, it looks as if someone finally completed the Final stage of the Relic Scythe. The other claims were faked, but this one actually looks legit to me.

793.jpg

794.jpg

The above screenshot is the conversation initiated when you obtain the Final Version of the Scythe Relic Weapon.

- Translation: -

You hear a voice from far away...
???: ......so you have finally found me.
???: ......with this, you have obtained my forbidden powers, and I am finally free thanks to you.
???: Now only, if she would approve......
Fonove: ......looks like I have been dreaming for a long time.
Fonove: A dream where my soul has been trapped in a foreign world.... no, I guess it wasn't a dream after all.
Fonove: .......are you someone like me? Like me you have sought out the forbidden power... and finally came face to face with the Apocalypse?
Fonove: All right, I will hand it over to you. But please, do not forget, just how much blood of my comrads have been spilled just to obtain this forbidden power....
Fonove: And think very carefully of how you are going to use that power. So you not become a person like me..........
???: .........
???: Ha... ha.... hahahahahahaha!
???: Now let us go, my new master! Let us go to new heighs and seek more power! For the enemies we have not seen, and to bathe in their blood............
You have received the Apocalypse!

795.jpg

796.jpg

I've fooled around with it a little bit, so let me give you the report.

First, as for Catastrophie, like I have mentioned before the damage is little on the 'meh' side. The first screenshot is me using the Catastrophie with a WAR sub. Since there was a little inbalance in the actual damage I present to you a screenshot of Catastrophie actually doing one of the better damages. When used, it drains HP of about half~1/4th of the damage done (there is a resist factor in play), so it's perhaps very useful for soloing purposes? It also goes through Blink/Utusemi, so it might be useful in Ballista too. There is no difference in damage at TP100% and TP300%. With Sneak Attack Catastrophie damage hangs around the 1400 mark.

Now for the Apocalypse. First of all the "Additional Effect: Blind" on the weapon activates at a high rate. Versus a Very Tough Decorative Weapon it activates once every 4~5 hits. As for how useful that can be, well, I can't really tell. w Also, there seems to be a hidden effect of "sometimes DMG value up" in the weapon, as I sometimes hit the enemy with damage that even goes above the maximum possible damage according to the DMG number. It activates at a rate of about 10%, similar to the rate of Double Attack activating. At the current moment I'm trying to figure out if this is a random effect or if there is any specific conditions to keep it activated constantly. That is all.

5mod.jpg

The highlighted text in the above screenshot is the damage done by Relic WS, Catastrophie.

6mod.jpg

The highlighted text in the above screenshot is normal damage done by the Apocalyse plus when the "Additional Effect: Blind" activates.

7mod.jpg

The highlighted text in the above screenshot is the damage a normal hit does when the hidden trait within the weapon activates.

8mod.jpg

The highlighted text in the above screenshot is the damage a normal hit does when the hidden trait within the weapon activates, combined with a critical hit to produce a 633 damage hit without the use of a WS.

I'll see if I can fish you up a video of the weapon in use, it seems as if there's one floating around out there now.

Meh, think I found it.

Right Click and "Save as"

haha, this prompted my other post, I've been mulling it around for a couple of weeks, but wasn't sure of the reception it would receive.

Repost of the effects after WS, if you've missed it before.

All WS info was extracted from the .DAT files by Faranim using FFXITool.

Final Heaven - Additional Effect: temporarily enhances Subtle Blow effect.
Mercy Stroke - Additional Effect: temporarily improves critical hit rate.
Knights of the Round - Additional Effect: Regen
Scourge - Additional Effect: temporarily improves critical hit rate.
Onslaught - Lowers target's Accuracy. Additional effect: temporarily increases Attack.
Metatron Torment - Lowers target's defense. Additional effect: temporarily lowers damage taken from enemies
Catastrophe - Drains target's HP. Additional Effect: Haste
Geirskogul - Additional effect: Shock Spikes.
Blade: Metsu - Additional Effect: temporarily enhances Subtle Blow effect.
Tachi: Kaiten - Additional Effect: temporarily increases amount of TP stored with each hit.
Randgrith - delivers a Shield Break attack. Additional effect: temporarily improves Accuracy.
Gate of Tartarus - Lowers target's Attack. Additional effect: Refresh
Namas Arrow - Additional effect: temporarily improves Ranged Accuracy.
Coronach - Additional effect: temporarily lowers enmity.

A link to someone with the stage 4 Bow
http://www.livejournal.com/users/rukenshin/6605.html

The high damage that occasionally kick-in looks like 2x Critical Hit.
And wow 1/4 HP drain off mob and lowers its accuracy every 4-5 hit (blind).
Just wow.

The triple damage seems to be on all relic weapons. There was a post about the RNG relicc bow doing the same thing. Approximately 10% of the ranger's attacks were 3x the normal damage....now imagine a sidewinder with 3x damage...that would be 15x damage....wow. That would make a dead ranger really fast on something that wouldn't die.

maybe

Dworvos said:
The triple damage seems to be on all relic weapons. There was a post about the RNG relicc bow doing the same thing. Approximately 10% of the ranger's attacks were 3x the normal damage....now imagine a sidewinder with 3x damage...that would be 15x damage....wow. That would make a dead ranger really fast on something that wouldn't die.

I hardly belive that 2x or/3x dmg stack with WS. But anything is possible i guess ^^

Back