Release Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lylie

Annoying French person
I can do it, but probably not for 1.0. Maybe 1.2 which shouldn't be too long after I release 1.0. It's not hard, but each new feature I add introduces a level of risk, so I'm not adding any new features for 1.0 except what is already in there, and all I'm doing now is tweaking, polishing, and fixing bugs until I get a release.
What happeneed to 1.1? :/

I ate it.

Yea, that's the plan. That's also why I'm careful not to release it too early, and being a nazi about what features to add, and when. Pretty much everyone I know is looking for an alternative to FFXIP, and I think mine will provide a lot of new functionality and counters that should take parsing to the next level. So I'm estimating a ton of downloads, and the codebase itself is fairly large (currently over 15,000 lines) so I'm trying to take my time and do it right so that I don't have a hard time maintaining it as the project grows larger.

I'm moving to a new apartment in 2-3 weeks, that will slow me down a little bit, but I'm hoping to have something available for download sometime mid-December.

Let us download it before giving a public link >.>

I will, but maybe only a week before. The beta will come when I "think" all the bugs have been fixed and it's ready for a release. Then people from the beta will find a few bugs, I'll fix them, then make it available for download.

I will, but maybe only a week before. The beta will come when I "think" all the bugs have been fixed and it's ready for a release. Then people from the beta will find a few bugs, I'll fix them, then make it available for download.

stop being a nazi and give us the parser now!

What are you using to make this, language/program-wise, Kalia? I've been considering making a basic log parser for PSU (all drops and logs are stored in clear-text files), but wasn't really sure where to start...seeing as my programming knowledge is limited pretty much to some very basic VB, a little Java, and a decent chunk of Flash Actionscript..but that doesn't help me a lot.

What are you using to make this, language/program-wise, Kalia? I've been considering making a basic log parser for PSU (all drops and logs are stored in clear-text files), but wasn't really sure where to start...seeing as my programming knowledge is limited pretty much to some very basic VB, a little Java, and a decent chunk of Flash Actionscript..but that doesn't help me a lot.

.NET
(Not sure if it's vanilla C++.NET or C#.NET)

Everything is C#, including the low-level module that monitors the memory of the POL process and extracts the chat log messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back