Realtek / Gigabyte Issues (Tech Nerdy)

Jotaru

shinobi-no-mono
FC/Active Member
So, been having these issues since I built this PC in November, and it was annoying before, but then kinda forgot about it.. now its starting to annoy me again, so I'ma try and rectify the situation.

Long story short, I have no sound card, but have onboard sound with my mobo.. Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L, uses RealTek HD Audio drivers...

Anyhow, the most annoying thing is there's like five places to adjust sound settings, and if you have one thing set in one place and something else set somewhere different, it doesn't work. For example, it took me three months to figure out why I couldn't talk on Vent or anything; I had my mic enabled everywhere but one hidden obscure location ~_~ Anyhow...

The problem I'm having now is that I want to be able to mix audio, namely to play WAV files (or whatever) over Ventrilo- normally you'd go to setup, set a mixer, a mux, and a line - set volume, and boom, you're set. Worked like a charm on last PC. On this one, I can't do it- I have four options in the mixer column (Realtek HD Audio Input, Realtek HD Digital Input, Realtek HDA(sic) Primary Input, and Realtek HD Audio 2nd Input). Only the HDA Primary Input even gives me a Line option; the rest have no options at all in the drop downs. However, the only option is CD Volume, not Line In, Stereo, any of that jazz. So, I cant mix, I can't do it.

I've googled around, checked forums (Both realtek and gigabyte) and random troubleshooting forums and I constantly see this question asked, but not answered... was hoping someone could help me solve this issue, or recommend something else.. like I was considering buying a sound card to get rid of this realtek stuff (Hate having to change settings in fifteen places)... what are some good cards, if this issue can't be solved?

Blahhhh. Part of the problem is I start trying to 'solve' this, and I turn on 'Stereo' mixing, where it just plays everything I'm hearing back through my input, but blares it so loud you can't hear anything - in my regular sound options I can turn down my mic line-in, but nothing else; so I can't adjust Stereo Mix to make it at least semi-usable.

Halp? Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Get an Asus board.

Buy another soundcard, disable off Realtek in BIOS.

Any suggestions? I'm a total and complete 100% soundcard noob. Heard some guy 'rectified' his issue with a $10 card off eBay, and while that sounds like it'd suffice (I have no real other audio things I want to do) I dont wanna pick something up and have it be incorrect.

You want to play wavs over vent? UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Back