Really Wish War Would Get An Overpower Upgrade In The 50s.

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
So today I got Aery as my Leveling Roulette as WAR.

I've tanked this place a couple times as PLD, and never had issues, I've tanked Sohm Al and higher with both DRK and GNB, but sheesh.

It seems in the 50s, DPS start doing more damage, they got more abilities, and as a WAR I'm trying my hardest to round up two groups like I'm supposed to (assuming the healer is up to snuff) but the conal nature of Overpower makes it feel so freaking clunky. Half of the time it misses when it looks like it should hit, I have to wait for enemies to move closer so I can nail them with it which means I'm getting hit more during the pull than I would if I were any other job.

I had a BRD in the group who decided he was going to go full-throttle from moment of me throwing a Tomahawk and a few times I had lost mobs to him, and I'm sitting here going "gaah, please don't do that" but he kept doing it. I don't want to just let him die, because 1). that makes me look bad, 2). the healer will try to save him which will result in the healer getting aggro.

So I decided to try and skip Overpower and only use Tempest as a kludge but that feels so clunky to do, and it doesn't generate all that much aggro as it does far weaker damage without the combo. Berserk+AoE spender can be used, sometimes, when I have it but a lot of times it's down (please forgive any mis-naming of abilities, I haven't played WAR in awhile and I forget what abilities are called).

I feel like Overpower needs an upgrade because literally every other tank has a circle AoE. Two of them, even, at later levels. Even DRK got a Circle AoE combo.

Eventually during the dungeon run I decided that if the DPS gets a mob off me, I'm just gonna full stop and only do one group and if the DPS says anything I'll ask him to stop ripping mobs off of me.

Continue reading...

Back