Quests for Blue Mages, Corsairs, and Puppetmasters!(07/06/2006)

Archain

Kitteh Paws
http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/621/detail.html

The artifact and limit break quests for the blue mage, corsair, and puppetmaster jobs will be added in the next version update. You must have attained a certain level with each job to access its new quests.

• New Artifacts
    The artifact quests are continuations of the previously available "An Empty Vessel," "Luck of the Draw," and "No Strings Attached" quests. Like the artifact quests for other jobs, there will be three quests for each new job that the player must complete in order to attain the artifact weapon and two pieces of armor.

The other three pieces of artifact armor will not be available in coffers, but instead can be obtained by a new method. The Aht Urhgan areas are for high-level players, and placing coffers in these areas would make the artifact quests significantly more difficult than those for the other jobs.

• Limit Break Quests
    The NPC Maat, famous or even infamous for his part in previous limit break quests, will not be appearing in the new quests due to his lack of expertise in the jobs of the Near East. Instead, the player will have to battle against important figures for each job in order to breach their innate limits.

You must complete the three artifact quests for each job before attempting its limit break quest.

621_4.jpg

all i can say is.... FINALLY

oh and woots at no coffers! guess i can toss all those keys ive been hording

haha yeah, i was really really hoping they wouldnt do coffers for just that reason...
now i wonder what they WILL do for those normally "Coffered" items...any thoughts?...

My guess is a mix of fetch quests and BCNMs. Like everything else.

i'd laugh if the "new method" as opposed to coffers was by purchasing an item with Assault Points, which you trade to some NPC and he then gives you the AF.

maybe a new assault-type instance where you can possibly obtain your AF... for blu, will probably 100% luck based in a similar fashion to how blu learns its spells

edit: oh oh, maybe youll have to learn from a blue mage mob how to obtain your af! lolz

I'd lol if they put a BC for BLU af in The Celestial Nexus and in the Promathia BC. Sounds like the things SE devs do for fun.

Yeah, but a BC would hardly be fair as replacement for Coffer pieces.

~Sass

So new "limit breaks" is that for ppl who haven't beat Maat/G4/G3/G2/G1 yet, and are lvling a new job as their first high lvl or do ppl like Rikkuu who already have blu @ 75 all of a sudden have to jump through a bunch of hoops?

lol puppets can interrupt a skillchain?? tbh, i dont know much of what pup can do since ive not played it nor pt'd with one

They have instilled a new saying, I am sure it is soon to be instilled in the auto-translator: CaptainQUIRK'd - Quirk Sylphiel flash happy puppet who only ws' AFTER the lead ws of the sc goes.

(however to give syl credit, if our SC'rs would announce they are going 2-3 seconds before they go, instead of right as they go, he could prevent this.)

Only reason is consistently interrupts SCs is due to the Store TP attachment that has "Uses TP more intelligently" on it, which essentially works the same way your NPC would. If someone is near 100% TP it will hold off on using its WS and then whenever someone uses a WS it will follow them in an attempt to SC. I always told them to lemme know before firing off their WS so I could recall, but I just learned to use my magic powers to know when they're about to WS so I can recall him before that. Actually I just stopped using that attachment since the Store TP isn't really that significant anyway. =P

But I digress, all there is to say is whoooohoooohooooo! Full Pup AF here I come, hopefully it'll give some decent stat boosts for slots where there really aren't any (Feet and legs come to mind), either way, I'm gonna look slick. :D

Last edited:
Back