Question, does anyone know how this will play out? Multiple Service Accounts...

Corvac

Ranger Man
Sadly, I think I know the answer, but just wanted to get others' opinions.. thoughts..

So on my SquareEnix account - I have 2 service accounts... (e.g FFXIV 1, FFXIV 2)

I associated my FFXIV: ARR beta key with Service Account 1 (which I also used for to play 1.0 Beta). This is the account I used when creating a character this past weekend.

For some reason when I started 1.0 FFXIV RTM I created a new service account (I have no idea why). On this service account I created my actual 1.0 characters (Daenerys Stormborn and another one I can't remember). This 2nd service account is where I am also assuming I registered my 1.0 Collector's edition code.

Now with the possibility of keeping characters from FFXIV: ARR open beta, will I be able to play on the character that I created on Service Account 1, even though Service Account 2 is where I registered my 1.0 Collector's edition.

I think I need to create a new character again... I guess I could buy another copy of the game..

Yeah, I'd assume you'd have to create a new character on account 2 to get the collectors edition stuff. The characters on account 1 from open beta should still be there. If you pre purchased the game whichever account you registered that with will get the early access... though if you have legacy status it should also give you early access.

If I buy a new copy of the game from Amazon, and register the pre-order code with Service Account 1, that ISNT the same as registering the game (Standard or Collector's) right? is that sent out in email when the game releases?

The preorder code from amazon is just for early access. The actual game code should either come with the game if you ordered a physical copy or be sent via email if you ordered a digital copy. Basically if you followed the instructions in the early access thread you should be fine for that.

Though I am not entirely sure on this point I'm like 80% sure. I believe you have to enter the code when the game launches to continue from there... though apparently there will be a 3 day grace period (up to the 30th of august) to enter your actual game copy code.

Has anyone received the actual game code (not pre-order code) from digital order off of Amazon yet?

EDIT:: I guess this makes sense, I can't imagine them sending game codes for just pre-orders, i'm guessing I have to wait until the 27th to receive the game code from Amazon

I'm kind of having the same problem where I used up my early access, except I only have one SE account and it's not working on that SE account. I wish I knew what I did to fk it up so badly, or how I could get customer service to talk to me :(

Back