Puppetmaster Links

I think blue mage is

ImAngelix said:
is puppet master a popular class on valefor?
Not nearly as much as Blue Mage, and not quite as much as Corsair, I think. Blue seems to have lots of potential and lots of people leveling it. Corsair is fitting into a nice role as well; I've really enjoyed Archain's posts about it and can see where it will help in the end game. However, I haven't seen anyone say they've found the Puppetmaster's reason for being.

With a C skill in their best weapon, the puppet seems to be the focus lategame. But really, I haven't seen anyone mentioning anything cool you can do with it at that level. Blues have self chains and bursts, interesting enfeebles, and pretty good survivability. Corsairs have the enfeeble booster and nice party buffs. Puppetmasters... are mainly a general DD that can do ranged or magic damage? We've got mage gear, but our puppet doesn't fight when we rest, so even a backup healing role doesn't seem in the cards. Right now PUP can do very good damage early, but later on is a big question. I've heard lots of reports about invites drying up too.

There's a lot of speculation on PUP that it's somewhat unfinished atm. Summoner certainly was when it was introduced (elemental spirits ftw!), and it gradually bloomed into something useful later on. I'm hoping that's what happens with PUP too. I don't seem to have the right mental attitude for Blue Mage, and the ranged aspect (and general pirate theme >_>) of Corsair didn't appeal to me at all, but Puppetmaster sounded interesting and fun. At this point though, I'm leaving it alone until we get a better picture of where it's headed. I've got 2 other jobs to work on anyway (plus merits).

Maybe after AF gets added for the new jobs I'll pick it up again.... It's been fun, I just don't see a future for it yet.

Disclaimer: I'm only a 24 PUP and am mostly basing this on forum postings from around the Net. If anyone has experience or better info and can allay some of my fears, I'd love to hear about it. I do know about the ADD trick, but I don't expect that to last.

Puppetmaster's popularity is represented even on our own forums. Notice the Sub-Forums for Cor and Blu. Now notice the lack of such said forum for Pup. Coincidence? I think not.

Although, I must say, after unlocking all 3 new jobs first night, I haven't touched them since. But the only one I have "geared up" to 37... is Pup.

A little more info: I did a /search on Sunday for (non-anon) people with these 3 jobs at 50+. Results: 27 BLU, 8 COR, 2 PUP. Blue mages were fairly well spread, with 3-4 in 70+, maybe 8 or so 60-70. COR seemed reasonably spread out. PUP, there was one level 50 and one level 75.

I think LF brought up a good point about forum activity. It's not just reflected here, but in Alla and KI too. There are interesting gameplay options/decisions to be made using BLU and COR, and people have gravitated towards them. People don't see interesting gameplay options for PUP and have been staying away. I like PUP's non-gameplay feel (backstory, atmosphere, general idea of the job), but without anything interesting to do... I'll sit back with the others and wait a bit to see what SE does with the job.

mamimi makes me wet, just look at that puckered, condescending face. HOT HOT HOT

Last edited:
All the girls in FLCL make me wet

PUP has a lotta potential but has wierd quirks like C skill h2h, not being able to rest while PUP fights and being the only class that gets penalized for using it's JA's too many times(Overload)( and now i don't mean in the way you lose -def from berserk) along with a fairly crappy two hour.

Also the mage equips? kinda silly.
Also if they want to keep the mage equips and C h2h they should add MP to the class and make the attachments cost MP, do more then do normaly(the flash one, stoneskin and voke are mostly only used ones) and remove Overload. Hell give the puppet the ability to dispel and peopel would prolly love it.

I dunno just some thoughts.

Back