Automaton:
Encances "Cure" potency
Spell interruption rate down

Puppetry Babouches
Feet Lvl 54
DEF:11 HP+9 STR+3 Thunder+10
Enhances "Repair" effect

Last edited:
Hmm, body and hands look nice. I guess DEX from the head is ok, but "recovered while healing" means TP loss. I also haven't had much problem with keeping my puppet's HP and MP in good order; the oils plus the convert attachment work great so far.

The legs... cure potency sounds good but cures are only for you and your puppet. Also the "prioritize cures" attachment generally has to compete with the flash attachment (which is highly useful).

I guess the feet are nice. I'd be happier about them if I wasn't already getting STR+3 from my RSE feet. ^_^;; Probably a good piece overall, but not a big upgrade for Mithra. Hopefully the repair enhancement is good.

Comparing this to blu AF, I think blu got a lot better stuff. Maybe we'll find later how good these actually are, but for now they seem to rate a "fairly decent" overall.

Wow, an AF weapon that actually looks as if it'll be used, lol.

PUP AF Quests

Copied from Alla. This write up seemed good and people responding said it was correct so copied to post here. The only thing I might check is to see if there is an easier way to get to the AF2 Quest location by starting at the Staging point.

Please give all credit for the work to Shouta :)

Allakazham:Shouta said:
This will be my thread for the PUP AF Quests. I'm doing them at the moment and I hope to have them all done tonight.

AF1 Quest: The Wayward Automaton
Quest Giver: Iruki-Waraki (Aht Urhgan Whitegate)

First step is to talk to Iruki-Waraki in Whitegate. He'll tell you about wanting to recover his Automaton that was stolen when he was watching two women one day in Whitegate. You can tell it's his Automaton because it acts unique although looks like a normal one. He asks you to go to Nashmau to look around and see if you can find the culprit. He also mentions that the person that saw it happen said it was a bald Hume

Destination: Nashmau
NPC: Dnegan (H-6, second floor)

Dnegan mentions seeing a Puppetmaster in the area recently and he lost his gil pouch in Caedarva Mire.

Caedarva Mire:
Spawn point: I-10

It's on the lake just outside of Caedarva Mire. you can access the island from the east side of the lake. When you click on the ??? it spawns a NM called Caedarva Toad. Defeat it and check the ??? again for a cutscene.

Go back to Iruki-Waraki in Whitegate to recieve your Turbo Animator.

Item Recieved:

Turbo Animator
Slot: Ranged
Level 40

AF2 Quest: Operation Teatime
Quest Giver: Iruki-Waraki (Aht Urhgan Whitegate)

Iruki-Waraki's trying a way to get his automaton back from the thief. However, since the thief knows him, he can't do it directly. He conjures up a scheme but needs you to bring him back some items.

Necessary items: Sleeping potion x1, Chai x1

After acquiring the items, trade it back to him and you get a cutscene. What he asks you to do is to invite the thief to have tea with you in Nashmau. He asks you to invite him and Iruki-Waraki will do all the setup.

Nashmau:
NPC: Dnegan (H-6, second floor)

Talk to him and the bald hume, Yafahb, will appraoch you. There are 3 choices. Ask about the Automaton, Ask about getting around Nashmau, and invite him to drink some tea. Picking "Ask about the automaton" ends the cutscene and you have to come back another day to get him. The other two choices will lead you to the next part of the cutscene.

You'll be taken to the port where Iruki-Waraki's setup shop and brings you over as you and Yafahb walk by. He asks for you order. You get 3 choices, Chai, Coffee, and I believe "I don't want anything". I ended up choosing Coffee. Yafahb asks for the same but Iruki-Waraki tries to make him drink the Chai and bobbles around. He mixes your cups up and you have to choose which one you want. The cup with an odd Vapor is the correct choice and won't put you to sleep. After that, Yafahb falls asleep but the Automaton runs away after being confronted by Iruki-Waraki. You then have to run to Caedarva Mire to find it.

Caedarva Mire:
Quest Location: (K-5)
Need to zone to Arrapago Reef at (I-6)

Ok, this is doozy. The ??? is at K-5 of Caedarva Mire on the same map as Azouph Staging Point. However, you need to run through Arrapago Reef to get there. So your first destination is the I-6 zone to Arrapago Reef, make sure you have a Lamia Fang Key to open the door. Lots of dangerous mobs on the way to Arrapago Reef so a mage sub or lots of Oil/Powders recommended on top the Lamia Fang Key.

Arrapago Reef:
Need to zone to Caedarva Mire at (J-6)

Ok, you start at I-11 on the map. You need to run to the Iron Gate at J-10 and open it up. When you get inside, you need to sneak and invisible yourself and continue running directly north through the area to J-8. Open the door there and go through. From there, go north and find the tunnel entrance at I-6. Go East and then take the fork going south in the tunnel to Caedarva Mire. The quest point location is next to a tree but be careful because a Mosshorn Ram and Elder Treant roam the area.

There'll be a cutscene with Iruki-Waraki coming to take the Automaton back but it refuses to come. He says there's nothing he can do and decides to come back later. Yafahb gives Iruki-Waraki an item that he got from the "girl" he mentioned earlier. Iruki-Waraki instead gives it to you.

Item Recieved:

Pupptery Churidars
Slot: Legs
Level 52
DEF: 25
HP: +11
CHR: +3
Automaton:
Enhances "Cure" Potency
Spell Interruption Down

AF3 Quest: Puppetmaster Blues
Quest Giver: Iruki-Waraki (Aht Urhtgan Whitegate)

Iruki's feeling blue and wondering what he should do. He wonders why Samaarhan picked him to be a Puppetmaster and what advice he would give.

Bastok Markets:
NPC: Shamarhaan

Speak to Shamarhaan. He'll compliment you about becoming a fine puppetmaster. You then explain the situation with Iruki-Waraki, after contemplating it shortly, he tells you that Iruki-Waraki has always had what a puppetmaster should ideally have. His Automaton asks him what it is but he decides not to say and tests to see if you're worthy of knowing it. You have to go to Talacca Cove with a memory chip to do it but you need a trigger switch first and you get it in Mount Zhayolm.

Mount Zhayolm:
Quest Location: I-7

There are two ways to get to this item, either by traveling to the Halvung Staging Point via the Runic Portal or running to Halvung itself and escaping to Mount Zhayolm. It's up to you.

After reaching Mount Zhayolm, you'll find the quest location at I-7. Go there and retrieve it and then it's on to Talacca Cove.

More to come. We're on our way there now.

More info on this to come

There's 3 pieces of AF gear that isn't quested, you need to talk to Dhima Polehvia just north of Iruki-Waraki after you start the AF3 quest. She'll make you the Puppetmaster gear if you bring her the materials and a fee.

Puppetery Dastanas:

Platnium Sheet
Rainbow Thread
Wamoura Cloth
Marid Leather
Imperial Mythril Piece

Puppetery Tobe:

Scarlet Linen
Moblinweave
Wamoura Cloth
Ruby
Imperial Gold Piece.

Edited, Jul 25th 2006 at 1:16am EDT by Shouta

Last edited by a moderator:
That walkthrough is indeed correct, and to finish it off:

After heading to Talacca Cove and fighting the BC, you get a CS (Answer doesn't matter) > Back to Bastok and speak to Shamarhaan (Answer doesn't matter) > Back to Whitegate and speak to Iruki-Waraki > Head to Nashmau > CS when speaking to the NPC that lets you leave the dock (Answer doesn't matter) > Back to Iruki-Warali once more > AF received. Grats!

Mats needed for AF feet (Babouches) - Ruby, Platinum Sheet, Marid Leather, Mythril Piece x2, Wamoura Cloth.

And after all your hard work, here's what you're gonna get!:

UseJPEG.jpg
Use2JPEG.jpg

(Yes they're ginormous, cropped them a bit but was too lazy to resize them. >.>)

Definitely one of the coolest looking AFs imo. The boots look like they're for a dominatrix, but the body's totally awesome looking and it's overall probably my favorite AF set I have.

Last edited:
Back