Probably too much to ask >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Elipse

Non-Validated User
I want to start off by saying thank you for making such a great parser.

Now unless i'm being completely retarded and missing something I don't see anything in the parser to show my parry rates etc.

Soooo, Due to this post here about parrying:

http://www.bluegartrls.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16869&start=0

and Rukenshin getting 7 levels of parry in just over an hour, I decided I'd go down and test myself.

I managed to score 6-7 levels of parry in just about 2 hours. Only had rdm, no bard etc so mp and damage down were an issue (downtime sucked away skill ups). Anyhow, thats besides the point.

The point is, it is clearly possible to level this parry to cap in a reasonable and measurable time frame. I'm currently at 184 parry. Rukenshin basically proved you could use those puks all the way to cap, soooooo... here is what i'm hoping to do, and why i'm posting here.

Since the conditions will be controlled, basically the same mobs, same place, same gear from 180 parry to cap, we can find out some interesting info.

I want to find out:

What parry % I have at 184 and how it increase's or changes over time as skill increases. So will I parry 10% more at 269 or 1%? Trying to quantify the value of capped parry compared to uncapped. I think the FFXI community would be interested in knowing this type of info.

I also want to find out:

What effect different gear choices will have on the parry rate. For example if I pump +20 skill will I see more parries? Or if i pump 40 Agi will I see more parries? How about if I add some -evasion gear? Again more questions that could maybe be answered for the FFXI community as to how best to "skill" the parry rate and what gear choices will facilitate it.

Unfortunately, since I can't find anything to parse this info, I have no way to check it.

The parrying is the stuff I would be most interested in, but to a lesser extent, something else I've wanted to find info on is damage taken, and what gear choices will best reduce it.

For example is Genbu's Kabuto or Arhats Jinpachi +1 better?

Or something as simple as "Does adding 5 more vit really reduce the damage i'm taking?" I can't tell with the naked eye, the difference in damage I'm taking when I drop 5 vit vs these pucks that I'm blood tanking.

We also sometimes bloodtank things like Prudence, so it would be interestig to see what type of difference a few changes in gear choices acn make.

I'd also like to know the crit rate against me. So am I being criticaled 10% of the time or 5% etc? I could then do some tests with Agi gear to see the reduction in critical hits against me. Will 5 Agi drop the crit rate against me by 1%? etc.

Anyhow, if you ever wanted to add it, the type of info that would probably be great would be:

Total damage taken
Average damage taken per hit
Highest damage hit against me
Critical hit damage highs and lows (maybe to see the range?)
Critical hit % against me

So, I know I just asked for a crap load of stuff, and you already have a ton on your plate. So I'm sorry for that, I don't want to seem ungrateful to you for all your hard work on this parser. Thank you for taking the time to read it all.

These all sound like interesting counters. I've thought about the Critical Hits Received one for myself, to test out my enemy crit down merits.

None would probably be too difficult to add. It'll probably sit for a while though, since we all know how lazy I've been recently :blue-cry:

I've also had a drk in my party complain that spike dmg wasn't parsed >.>;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back