Possibly Interesting Observation From The Nier Raid Story... (emil?)

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
I want to preface this with the knowledge that I have never played any of the NieR series and only have a passing knowledge of the entire "Taro-Verse." Nevertheless, I was intrigued by a small detail in the NieR FFXIV raid - specifically regarding a cutsecene that occurs before the Copied Factory is accessed.

Before entering the Copied Factory, the door has to be unlocked.

The door that must be unlocked

After unlocking the door with explosives, a small machine lifeform-like head sphere goes flying off the door to the far side of the cave. After this happens, you can actually go back to the entrance of the cave and observe the sphere lying on the ground.

There it is

I find it interesting that the devs deliberately allowed us to observe this debris from the door. However it became more interesting to me when I observed that AFTER completing the Copied Factory, the sphere vanishes!

Where did it go?

Now, this could mean absolutely nothing at all. However, through my passing knowledge of NieR, I aware that there exists a certain character in the series that is just a disembodied machine lifeform head. Apparently this character is called "Emil" and is also whose visage Yoko Taro always dons.

Emil (as far as I'm aware)

Emil's face looks very different from a normal machine lifeform's face (including the sphere that was on the door to the Copied Factory). I do not know if in the NieR lore associates Emil with regular machine lifeforms or if he is a completely separate being altogether. However, Emil does seem to emerge from a sort of shell that resembles a regular machine life-form's head as well as the sphere that launches off of the door to the Copied Factory.

This leads me to speculate that the sphere that disappeared from the cave is actually this Emil thing and he rolled away after being set free or something. I also assume, if this is true, that he will show up later in the story.

What are your thoughts? Maybe someone with more knowledge of the NieR story and lore can provide better insight.

submitted by /u/Arcade_Theatre
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Back