Possible Spellblade Job Idea

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
Now I have given this a lot of thought, I really have to put it out there and hope the Devs read it and take to the idea.

I played brave exios mobile awhile back and I remember a character who was classed as Spellblade. I\\'m not sure if this is some kind of blue mage offshoot or something, according to some players I\\'ve conversed with on FFXIV, blue mage worked similar to the idea I have.

Now back to the matter at hand, Spellblade!

Main Weapon: Twin Swords/Axes. That can attach together to create a double edged Bostaff like weapon. Look at Dynasty Warriors 7 Cap Pi for example.

Main Weapon Usage: Can either be used like dual wield weapons or attached weapons for long reach and deadly whirlwind blade attacks.

Example: Single Target combo build, use of twin weapons detached.

Multiple targets combo build, weapons attach and deal aoe damage with bostaff spin attacks, a whirlwind of blades.

Lob Attack: Attaches blades in a quick motion and throws the double edged blade staff like a boomerang, sending it spinning and flying back into the Warriors hand.

Limit Break: Well there is a few ways to go about this, The warrior could attach blades, throw them and with telekinetic abilities control the whirlwind attacks of the double edged staff as it slashes the opponent working up to a big finishing attack of magic or the warrior keeps the blades detached and rushes forward slashing in a similar pattern and again work up to the big finisher.

And now the magical purpose of Spellblade, now this was the trickier idea to come up with but the best way I could describe it would be Red Mage, think of Spellblade like a melee variation of Red Mage. Now I think spell blade will rely more heavily on physical and melee capability then magical but magic still plays a huge part, spells maybe possible but I haven't given that much thought, as I can be bias when it comes to physical melee, magic classes aren't rely my forte.

Well as for gear and main attribute, Spellblade sounds like an Intelligence kind of class/job but as many FFXIV have shown, magic is a natural part to many jobs, there is only two jobs, MCH and GNB who don't seem to rely on the warriors magical capabilities. But as GNB for example, your warrior might not even need their own magical capabilities. If Garlean adapted the disciplines of Spellblade for their own gains, I have not doubt magical cartridges could be used just like GNB.

So Intelligence may not be necessarily the main stat, Dexterity could infact be the main stat, the Spellblade is quite the Dexteritious warrior, fast, agile and capable of dodging attacks.

So it could possibly share gear with Ninja, I know the Devs like to reuse what's already available and Ninja will no longer have gear to itself, if they took the Dexterity route.

Please, of anyone has an ideas to pile on, please fell free to share your ideas, please keep it civil.

Continue reading...

Back