Penguin NM Almighty Apkallu

Elvier

FC/Active Member
Hmm probably wrong spot to post this but my mind saw the intro with WotG and stuck my post here. Maybe a mod can move it someplace.

Here are some hints SE gave us for the apkallu NM. Imho I think all they told us is the Birdman cape drops off it and it randomly appears on the boat from Nashmau to Whitegate.

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/sdetail.html?story=11435

Hello everyone!
How are you enjoying the Wings of the Goddess? We hope you are having a wonderful time experiencing all the expansion has to offer--from the two new jobs to the war-scarred areas of the past.

At the FINAL FANTASY XI Fan Festival 2007, held earlier this month, we received numerous questions from players and premier sites alike, regarding the mysterious Almighty Apkallu. Unfortunately, none of the development team members who attended the festival were able to provide an adequate answer, so we promised you that we would investigate the issue and update everyone on the topic as soon as possible.

Here is what we found out...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q1: Does the NM, Almighty Apkallu, exist? And if so, where can he be found?

A1: Yes, the Almighty Apkallu exists! This puissant penguin can be found only on the Silver Sea ferry route from Nashmau to Al Zahbi. We believe the reason that none have never encountered him before is that while many adventurers ride the ferry to Nashmau, most either warp back to their Home Points on the mainland, or return to Al Zahbi via the Alzadaal Undersea Ruins. (Actually, we're just glad that to find out ourselves that the NM wasn't some sort of debug monster that we had forgotten to take out!)

Q2: Under what conditions does the Almighty Apkallu appear?

A2: While we don't want to ruin everyone's fun by telling you exactly when and how he appears, because so many at the festival showed interest in the NM, we've decided to reveal a few cryptic hints that may or may not make the hunt a little easier.

* First of all, luck plays a big role in whether he appears or not.
* He doesn't like being left alone, and will wander off if no one is around to keep him company.

Q3: How does one go about obtaining the Birdman Cape? Does an NM drop it?

A3: That is a very good question. Another good question would be, why is this number three in a series of questions about the Almighty Apkallu?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, an attendee of the Fan Festival asked us why beastmaster pets do not lose TP while they were resting, when wyverns and automatons do. Our planners were convinced that they had already addressed this issue in a previous version update, but promised they would check it out the minute they arrived back in Japan, just to make sure.

And what did we find? That you were right and we were wrong--wyvern and automaton TP was being lost! So, we flipped on our computers, fixed the problem immediately, and are happy to say that everything should be back to normal after today's version update. We would also like to apologize again to all puppetmasters and dragoons for the misunderstanding.

FINAL FANTASY XI Development Team

Forgot to mention .. What is it with SE and WHM gear and boats? Sea cudgel etc. is stuck on random pirate pops and now a stupid random penguin?

That's more of a BRD's cape. Intensifying cape is better +30mp & hp, CHR does nothing for WHM.

Idea I had was maybe you have to ride the boat to Nashmau > from Alzahbi 3 times and he may pop on they last time back.

Lastly, I'm pretty sure this belong in ToAU area. Unless they said it was dropping in WotG.

AA has been a major topic on BG for months. They still haven't found a concrete spawn pattern. Everyone was looking for the cape for a long time too. It's good SE at least clarified they came from the same place.

I think Ill be spending a little more time on the boat. If I could get one of these suckers I could probably sell it for enough to replace the rest of my gear.

Back