Payment Made Through Steam For Six Months

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
Recently I went through the grinder as far as a payment for a six month renewal to my subscription to FFXIV plus a payment for additional retainers. Steam (Steampowered.com) charged my credit card in December of 2020 for the subscriptions, but for whatever reason, Square Enix did not process the transaction. I brought the issue to the attention of Square Enix and Steam and never was told by either company why I was not given credit for the payment. I disputed the charge to my credit card company and so Steam retaliated by putting a 30 day "purchase" freeze on buying anything from them. Lucky for me, my FFXIV subscription lasted for a while after that and so I there was only a couple of days where I was not able to play FFXIV. After the 30 days was up, I was able to renew my subscription for FFXIV and the retainers. The morale of the story is this: Do not purchase FFXIV from Steampowered.com because they and Square Enix do not work well togethere and you could end up in my situation. Bottom line is that you can't trust either company to do the right thing for their customer. Steam still has not responded to the credit card company regarding the dispute as of 3/20/21.

Continue reading...

Back