Our friends in the south, Texas et al.

Katrina was Cat 5 but reduced to Cat 4 before it made landfall. A full-on Cat 5 hitting the coast will be worse... Immediate impacts, that is, as Kalia said New Orleans was screwed up so much because it was a little hole for water to sit in below sea level. Flooding shouldnt be as rampant this time, but... 170 mph winds... Yeah, stuff will get knocked over.

Rita readies Hurricane Wing!

Anyhow GL with everything ; ; and ilm, even tho it was *slightly* witty, no insulting political comments plz...

I talked to my mom about the storm, seeing if we ~should~ be going elsewhere, but she said that by the time it gets to Arlington, it'll only be really heavy rain. So I hope she's right, because it doesnt look like I'm going anywhere. >.>

Be safe now Kalia. :blue-cry:

Just hit the basement if it does. Or the attic, depending on where your house is.

texas has like clay in the ground so we dont have basements or something like that... we just have to board up and go into the closet and hide:blue-cry:

Attic is the worst place to be when the winds are 150mph. I'm worried all the people trying to evacuate will get hit with the storm while still in their car.

Wishing you guys luck down there. I'm crossing my fingers for you.

i just got power back... it hardly rained here, i could occasionaly hear gusts out side whistling but thats about it. Im pretty sure kalia missed it also, ended up hitting in lousiana(the eye).

Wow, the storm ended up being a total pussy. Good in the sense that I never lost power, and my house is fine, and nothing got flooded. Bad in the sense that I've basically moved myself and everything in my apartment twice now. Once leaving, and once coming back. Pretty annoyed to say the least lol. At least I got 3 days off work. I know some ppl east of us got totally owned. I wish I could have seen some trees blowing down and stuff though.

Haku said he got Monday and Tuesday off of school because of gas shortages, lol. I want that ; ;

Sorry to hear your apartment didnt get blown away Kalia... <_<

Back