Our friends in the south, Texas et al.

Aangeliceus

Kitteh's Meow
FC/Leadership
ECW3.JPG

Run for the hills and be safe, ecspecially if you are the coast line.

I quote the immortal Iron Maiden:

Run to the hills, run for your lives
Run to the hills, run for your lives....

We live in Arlington, smack in the middle of Dallas and Fort Worth. Approximately about one and a half hours away from the Red River. I've been told that we're far enough inland that it won't affect us, but then again I haven't been watching the news to see how powerful this storm will be...

If it does hit us, my family will probably go up to Oklahoma until it passes, not sure about Escards though.

Thats crazy, but I guess at least you can see it coming, over here earthquakes are just random....other than people saying high risks for it..

pfft right when was the last real earthquake we had? 1991? lol so a cup falls off a shelf and my fishtank spills some water. id rather an earthquake than air or water capable of throwing my house down a block

jinxy said:
im in the path of the storm ='(... we are leaving tomorrow morning i think

You can come stay with me in my Mog Jinxy....... if its ok with Chimer that is :tounge-3:

~Dar

Darwen said:
You can come stay with me in my Mog Jinxy....... if its ok with Chimer that is :tounge-3:

~Dar

or you could come stay with me and we both know you tell what chim to do so its up to you

I live pretty much at ground zero. I wish I could say everyone was being calm and taking it all in stride, but unfortunately that isn't the case.

Rita.jpg

I've already evacuated, I'm staying at my grandmother's place, which is on the 17th floor of an upscale high rise condominium. It's still dead in the path of the storm about 30 miles more inland than my place, so assuming it makes landfall at galveston like its supposed to, I will have some pretty frightening pictures to post next week. I already have 5-6 showing the actual evacuation.

Supposedly it's safe here, we have food and water to last about a week. The windows can withstand 250mph winds, and they have a generator which was designed to withstand a Category 3 storm, but not a Category 4 or 5. Since this is, of course, being called -the- strongest storm on record to ever hit the United States, I'm going by the assumption that I'll lose power sometime midday on Saturday and will regain it... well sometime in the following weeks I hope.

I'm pretty sure there will be an empty space where my apartment complex used to be when I return home on Monday or Tuesday. I got as much as I could. Clothes for about a week, all the valuable electronics including my computer obviously, as well as documents, pictures, and other sentimentals. If it doeesn't change course before it makes landfall, I guess I won't own anything else come Monday.

Good god @_@;; we have nothing like this in arizona.... it's just weird for me to see this type of thing i'm not used to it...

Damn USA sounds crazy... I just heard on news that this new Storm is Category 5... Wtf... 2 Category 5 in 1 month... And almost in the same region... And Bush who wants to create a new Moon Quest and all... He should better take care of his country instead of going to the moon for some billiard of $$...

So be safe you all... Im just {/panic}ing for you... Hope everything's all right for you.

PS: France ftw! no Storm, no Earthquake, nothing...

Lylie said:
Damn USA sounds crazy... I just heard on news that this new Storm is Category 5... Wtf... 2 Category 5 in 1 month... And almost in the same region... And Bush who wants to create a new Moon Quest and all... He should better take care of his country instead of going to the moon for some billiard of $$...

So be safe you all... Im just {/panic}ing for you... Hope everything's all right for you.

PS: France ftw! no Storm, no Earthquake, nothing...

also lots of backing down ?

Actually, Katrina wasn't even category 5. it was category 4. The reason it was so bad is because New Orleans is -below- sea level, and the pumps to get the water out broke. Houston doesn't need pumps, water will just drain back into the Gulf of Mexico after a day or two. Problem is the winds. Katrina hit land with 120mph winds I think, if we get 150 or 170mph winds.. well, it's just a different game.

Don't know what "backing down" means.

Kalia, news said "This new storm is a category 5, just like Katrina", guess they're wrong... So this new one is going to be worst than Katrina? And damn, 150 /170 mph is frightening...

Well dont storms usually scale dramatically back once they hit land fall?

Even still yaeko, escard, and kalia better not get into trouble >.>///

Back