Online Customisable/interactive Ffxiv Maps? Do We Have One?

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
Hey I have a good question or suggestion for someone to make. Here's the situation, I have a fc-discord bot which basically links 1st and 3rd party resources in the game, such as this reddit, guides posted for content on YouTube, information on current events etc. I also do a doc occasionally when prelim patch notes come out to show locations for every quest in a digestible format (instead of having to scroll through patch notes or asking in game beforehand).

What I'd like is a link to some site which has a map where you could in theory add a tag to the end of the URL with like a Map, X and Y coordinates, or get a link for a map location on the site like you can do with <pos> and <flag> in game but I'd like an out of game option. Would also be good for RP'ers who like to plan a route for an in game event/session outside of game by linking a route say in discord.

TL:DR Heck I'm probably asking do we have an online FFXIV map (outside of the game itself) which we can customise and link locations from.

Google has been a pain to look through, and I know we have Heavenswhere, but that's only has specific maps which shows things like Hunt Mob locations. Hey maybe Garlond Tools could add that functionality... unless its deeply hidden somewhere already, it just shows premarked maps for things like nodes, you can't just search say "Il Mheg" and it give you a map you can link marks on, plus they have question locations marked after they've updated their database which is later then what I'm hoping for. Any ideas/existing sites. Ideally I'd like a result where one could just post an URL which shows a map with a location which is in the game but on a web browser!

submitted by /u/aCQQK13
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Back