New Multiplayer Battlefields: Salvage (12/15/2006)

No wonder why SE is hesitent to do anything new. All you fools do is weep about it.

We're just hardened by years of bitter experience. When SE shows me a delicious candy apple, my first reaction is to look for the razor blades.

-benny

I think the reason they are using Assault Points is because even though a lot of people dont' have their Assault Gear sets, most people stopped doing Assault (even those that still need their Assault gear) because it's so repetitive.

It's too early to say whether or not it's worth it for Salvage though. There could easily be gear sets available from Salvage that are better than the Assault gear sets for certain situations.

BTW, apparently the JP and EN releases have stated that Salvage will use AP, while the French version has said it will use ISP. Not sure which is accurate, but it keeps my hopes alive,

I wonder if that was a typo... the Assault zones have nothing to do with the remnants (5 Assaults while only 4 Remnants), and AP are awarded to specific areas, so they wouldn't be able to take 2k AP from your total tally, just from individual areas. Just seems like it doesn't add up to me.

On a personal note, I'm praying they meant ISP... a single merit party will bring in 3-4k imperial standing, or you can do two Besieged for a go at Salvage. You can always purchase gear to sell with AP... so there's plenty of reason to keep doing Assault if you're one of the 0.1% of the server that has max rank.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. The area/total issue for AP makes this odd unless the areas correspond to particular salvage zones. I'm thinking ISP makes more sense.

you could easily take the 18 people and split into 3 parties > do assaults to get 2k AP > do the salvage in one sitting.

The English and German version of SE site says Assault point, even though the English version is probably just a copy/past from the American version.

Imo, the French translator is just a noob, but I hope he did it right, ISP would be so much better.

I wonder if that was a typo... the Assault zones have nothing to do with the remnants (5 Assaults while only 4 Remnants), and AP are awarded to specific areas, so they wouldn't be able to take 2k AP from your total tally, just from individual areas. Just seems like it doesn't add up to me.

I don't think the different number of areas (5 Assault areas, 4 Remnants) will mean anything. SE said this about the key item for getting into Salvage: "This key item can be obtained in exchange for Assault points (2000) and will grant entry to any one of the four remnants." To me, it sounds like you'll go to one of the Assault counters, choose "spend assault points", and be able to choose the permit. Doesn't matter which counter you buy it at, because you get entry to any of the remnants.

Kalia said:
I think the reason they are using Assault Points is because even though a lot of people dont' have their Assault Gear sets, most people stopped doing Assault (even those that still need their Assault gear) because it's so repetitive.

There'd be more variety if people actually worked at getting higher mercenary ranks instead of spamming a specific tier 1 assault for a specific piece of armor. :tounge-1: Maybe this will be an incentive for people to rank up. I know I got sick of doing tier 1 Ilrusi after 20-25 straight runs there, but there are a lot of other assault missions available. The hard part of the higher tier assaults usually isn't the mission itself, but finding enough people with high enough rank.

Varda said:
The hard part of the higher tier assaults usually isn't the mission itself, but finding enough people with high enough rank.
That's why I stopped doing Assault and have no points for this. I'd get all excited and set out in my LS to get people to do Assault, and get lots of people enthusiastic about participating. Then when it came to pick an Assault it was the same thing: "I have 3 tags, so we can do 3 runs on Halvung!" F' that. I'd rather get my points while ranking up then spamming for gear on low missions.

Lylie said:
Imo, the French translator is just a noob, but I hope he did it right, ISP would be so much better.
"Cet objet clé est échangeable contre 2000 points de Valeur Impériale" My French isn't what it used to be, that's certainly NOT Assault points. :-P I hope they were the only ones that got it right, lol.

One thing that has me a little perplexed is it says you only go in one remnant at a time and have 100 minutes and coffers/monsters are hidden throughout the area makes the areas sound like there big aye?

Well heres the maps and is it just me or does each Remnant zone look to be maybe 3 rooms each?Or perhaps no matter which zone you go in you start in the nzul island Area then maybe work your way to the 3 room remnant map for mega boss?

www.ffxi-atlas.com/maps/alzadaal-undersea-ruins/general/

:confused::confused:

Last edited:
Back