up14968.jpg

looks like the art from FFXIV website
Gria3.bmp

Some people say they are Gria
2rc1jl2.jpg

This race exist in other FF already released

These are the CG/Cut scene graphic i believe posted at second page
up14951.jpg

Translation for this picture : "When you make your character, aside from choosing the race, you will also be able to customize their appearance. Head, skin color, hair type etc, there will be multiple factors. Just how exact we will be able to customize their appearance is still unknown, but we mean it in a good way when we say that it seems like it will become a worry to many players
This is all from the latest Famitsu

Final Fantasy XIV details revealed: No leveling, new job system, deep story

by Griffin McElroy { Aug 4th 2009 at 3:00PM } PlayStation

The latest edition of Famitsu Wave recently hit newsstands in Japan, bringing with it a DVD which contains an 8-minute exposé on Square Enix's second stab at the MMO genre, Final Fantasy XIV. The whole video is posted after the break. Fret not -- it sports convenient English subtitles.

Here's some of the more titillating excerpts: The game features a reinvented character progression system which does not include experience points or leveling up. The job system from XI will make an appearance, but in a heavily altered form -- an interview with the game's director, Nobuaki Komoto, revealed that the game will place a focus on the weapons players use, explaining that your armaments will determine "the way you play" and "the way you grow." Sounds reminiscent of Final Fantasy IX. (That's a very good thing.)

In addition, FFXIV producer Hiromichi Tanaka explained that the game takes place in a new region with a more "modern" feel to it -- the mysterious Eorzea which was mentioned in the trailer. The new world features familiar races (albeit with new names), and plays host to a "deep story," which is told through cut-scenes and quests.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmip7Iv5bfM

Last edited:
Really keeping my eye on this, it keeps making me think "HUH?"

It sounds like they're trying to tread some new ground.

I've never had an interest in betaing any game, until FFXIV. D:

I would love to be on the beta for this. Will really try to keep an eye on any info that I can.

Boo. I would have LOVED to see Viera in this game. I can see why they didn't, though. It would be just like Mithra; all female race.

you mean "lalafell??"

The katakana for the one they said might be the new race is "gyazaraa," which probably is "gatherer." So it looks like a job/occupation instead of a race. Right before the crafter they're showing "fighter" and "sorcerer."

i am probably going to be good ol' hume again!

Oops, forgot to add that I thought the Lalafell bodies look kinda weird for the Taru replacements, but the faces still look cute as ever. I like the look of the other races as well. ^_^

I guess the tarus do look like tella tubies but I don't care. They are pretty darn cute. I like the sorcerer. He looks awesome. The galkas look pretty cool too.

Anyone else thinking:

"Same shit, different package"?

Did you read it all? The whole dynamic of improving your character will be different. I can't see how that's a repackage. They already stated that they brought over 'similar' races to make the FFXI players feel more 'at home'.

Can't say that I'd pick being a Taru again... Just have not warmed up to those images... :badshape:

Im going to be a "cat lady" with a job involving "punching" and a craft involving working hardened calcium...

repackaging ya!

Back