New Ballista Zone

Archain

Kitteh Paws
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/information/0411.html

0411.gif

Up until now, Ballista has been a one-way street. Players could only participate in nationally sponsored matches located in areas determined by the IRNC. But now, with the opening of a new area designed specially for Ballista, adventurers from all over the world can take the excitement into their own hands.

Some of the new area's features include:
*Area Reservation--reserve the area for you and your friends!
*Rule Adjustment--set various rules such as match length, level restrictions, and more!

While installation of the Chains of Promathia expansion pack is required to access the new Ballista area, progression in the missions is not necessary. However, a small amount of gil and/or Ballista Points may be requested before utilizing several of the services.

I think it's gonna be time to do a little experimenting soon! I've got some money and 1000 Ballista points to burn.

1. How does Subtle Blow actually work?
2. How much -elemental resist is a Ni spell? Ichi?
3. What are the effects of Full break?

Last edited:
I'm just tired of not being able to pick teams. I tried to get in a game last night but the autoteam selection made it extremely unbalanced for the other side.

Sandy
RNG/NIN
RNG/NIN
SMN/WHM

Windy
THF/NIN
MNK/WAR
BLM/RDM
RNG/NIN

I think we eventually ended up trying to fight Shalk's Avatars.

BLM/WHM has its pros and cons.

Cons:

In the smaller matches, I get owned. The entire team gangs up on me (as with any mage), gangbangs me as my teammates wonder what the hell to do (honestly, how do you stop an entire team from slaughtering a helpless mage? Voke?) then runs away. With their newly acquired gate breech status, each member can quarry and score... 6 members x 5 petra per gate breech = 30 points easy. {What the fuck?} My only tool is Sleepga... But I know some pesky red mages who, even on my OWN TEAM, like to run up to my adversaries, Diaga them (preventing further sleep) and then /sprint away. Then I'm fucked.

Pros:

In the BIG matches, I can quarry up a truckload off the battlefront, invis up, run in almost undetected, and Thundaga III a crowd. Awesome when its like 10 melee vs. 10 more melee, because they're all crowded around and all busy. Its not easy to change targets to an invisible black mage when you don't even know he's there. I specifically remember one match where I ran in Invis'd, started casting Thundaga III... And just chuckled. Nobody moved. Seconds later, three people died at once. Three! Still befuddled, the others kept fighting. A Blizzaga III later, seven more died. 10 kills in a matter of seconds. Invis up, run away, score. That was the match that netted me 3rd all time scorer ranking (above our buddy Darkrain!), and top Black Mage. /sigh

Can you invisible yourself in Ballista? =D
Tonko; Sneak up towards victim and BOOM! DRK/NIN onwzYa!

I have a certain BLM/RDM in Ballista that always seems to target me. If I get in his range during any engagement, I'll always start to see Thundaga III with me as the intended target. Not sure if he specifically looks for me or not but it makes anything I attempt to do in close range a little difficult, lol.

Being under the effect of Tonko does not matter to him, I'll see the yellow text with the casting animations coming from the ground even if I'm invisible. To be fair though, I love running into him on Windsday, he keeps that stoneskin up like a nice BLM and prevents those nasty posionga and diaga spells from waking him.

""you couldnt invis yourself with blackmage/redmage?:

You, sir, completely missed my point. Hell, BLM/WAR could do it: Prism Powder.

But anybody who can instantly kill 5+ people in one shot while undetected is surely a force to be reckoned with. Not quite the case when its 3 vs 3 and the other team is constantly tabbing around to find you.

Hmmm. You can reserve the new place huh? I think I have a decent idea for this sort of thing..

1 on 1 and Team Tournaments! 1000G entry fee per player, say 10 people join. 10,000 pot 5k for getting 1st place, 3k for 2nd, 2k for 3rd. It's an idea anyways.

In the case of Team tournament, the winning team would split the 10k pot, ie 2k a person. (for 5 on 5 teams)

Entry fee and participant numbers would vary of course, just keeping it simple for easy understanding.

Back