Needing Some Help With Positioning & Awareness

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
Hey everyone. I just got to level 50 on my WHM and this is my first time healing in this game. There are a couple of things I find myself always having questions about and can't seem to find a good answer on youtube guides. These are mostly related to UI and positional awareness.

What is the best way for me to remain aware of who needs heals? I tend to find myself staring at the party list a lot and healing from there which takes away attention from the actual fight on screen. I do try to heal from the actual battle by clicking on player avatars when they need heals, but with big pulls it can be difficult to see everyone's health bar and I also miss dots that I should remove with esuna unless I'm looking at the party list. So how do you guys tend to keep track of everyone? Should I be trying harder to keep an eye on where everyone is or is it more efficient to focus on everyone's status via the party list? Also is there an optimal positioning for the camera? I tend to zoom all the way out, I have seen some videos where the healer is zoomed all the way out and positions the camera to an aerial view of the right. Any opinions?

Also as far as the skill bar goes, does anyone have any tips on how to organize it? I've currently got it broken up into single target heals/group heals/attacks.

Thanks from a new healer

Continue reading...

Back