My thoughts

Dworvos

The crappy RNG
Ultima Legacy
There's no point trying to use euphemisms to hide it, we are obviously lacking something that allows us to win allied battles. KS99 and Fafnir/Fafnir are 2 recent events where it seems that all our teamwork has fallen apart. Please post thoughts on what it could be to make our LS better. I really miss the old days where we could kill Fafnir without even sleeping him or defeating KS99 in 10 minutes.

Maybe it sounds a bit harsh and maybe it's the stress of losing a battle and my school work getting to me...but it seems to me that we really suck now.

Couple things I noticed/recommend:
-Melee should have SCs figured out a head of time
-People need to listen to instructions (perhaps it's time for a new sack because people aren't listening)
-Melee should sub WHM to Fafnir/Nidhogg (Melee can heal themselves and Stoneskin reduces amount of healing, Blindna)

I'm not saying that I'm the best player and honestly I think I suck at playing Trewgle's character.

If we are going to avoid walking on eggshells and be blatantly obvious in an attempt to further ourselves:

-Dont claim adds / links. Easy to mistake... also easy to avoid. Check what you have targetted please.
-Read PT / LS chat - had quite a few screwups and misunderstandings even though something had been said multiple times on LS chat.
-Don't rush. If he's at 2%, and someone says sleep, don't bust 2-hr or keep meleeing in hopes of removing thousands of HP before you die - sleep means sleep. Had a few crucial sleeps wear because someone kept meleeing, and as Loser said in another post, on a mob that gains sleep resistance and Elem Seal being 10 min recast, this isn't ok.

well in my considerable experience on the matter, the societal structure of a linkshell establishes a hierarchy by itself...taking that into consideration, if you know you're a person that people will listen to and take orders from, make sure you step up and do so. and if you're more a support member, do your job and you will be appreciated and rewarded. wipes happen but from what i hear these were avoidable, i believe in putting 110% effort into whatever job you are assigned, plz do so. also if you're a melee learn who you can skillchain with, toss on an odd weapon on occasion to make a SC for the blms. hell i have a lot of advice on this kinda thing, but it'd require me bein there to really get the whole point across. don't fuck up in short

o and if yer a mage, every goddamned drop of MP available to you should be used, soon as a tank gets into the orange hp toss a heal regardless of what kinda mage you are, red mages use your method of keeping refresh up (i cast on myself, then others, use my own wearing as an indicator that it needs to be recast for everyone), and i think in MMOs in general healing is a more effective mechanic than dmg, if need be tip the scales in that direction. eh everyone knows their job, don't slip into complacency

btw this is a rant and i'm tired, sry sry

Xerlaoth said:
well in my considerable experience on the matter, the societal structure of a linkshell establishes a hierarchy by itself...taking that into consideration, if you know you're a person that people will listen to and take orders from, make sure you step up and do so. and if you're more a support member, do your job and you will be appreciated and rewarded. wipes happen but from what i hear these were avoidable, i believe in putting 110% effort into whatever job you are assigned, plz do so. also if you're a melee learn who you can skillchain with, toss on an odd weapon on occasion to make a SC for the blms. hell i have a lot of advice on this kinda thing, but it'd require me bein there to really get the whole point across. don't fuck up in short

o and if yer a mage, every goddamned drop of MP available to you should be used, soon as a tank gets into the orange hp toss a heal regardless of what kinda mage you are, red mages use your method of keeping refresh up (i cast on myself, then others, use my own wearing as an indicator that it needs to be recast for everyone), and i think in MMOs in general healing is a more effective mechanic than dmg, if need be tip the scales in that direction. eh everyone knows their job, don't slip into complacency

btw this is a rant and i'm tired, sry sry

This is the weakest rant that I've ever seen coming for Xerxy.

Full anger rant-mode from Xer is not a pleasant thing to see =[

I enjoy it, though.
1123569581170.gif

ya sorry :(

just a note from the melee side... After the 2 fights with nid we had, the first one melee's didnt have a bard in the party, and sc's were coming about once every 3-4 minutes, second round we had a bard in the melee party... me and cujo had SC's coming about ever 1.5-2 minutes. blms weren't staying up. Just a note on the importance of a bard if u want fast SC's. just a lowly DRK's 2 cents >.>

depends on the number of brds available, tank and blm parties get priority in that order

if memory serves correct, @ nidhogg the blm party didng have a bard the second time, and we're making record time. not to mention if the WS's dont hit whats the point of having melee? This may be something that may need to be taken into consideration for the sake of SC's and bursts.

ImAngelix said:
if memory serves correct, @ nidhogg the blm party didng have a bard the second time, and we're making record time. not to mention if the WS's dont hit whats the point of having melee? This may be something that may need to be taken into consideration for the sake of SC's and bursts.

There was a BRD in that PT^^ ..... the second time... after homepointing.. when Jumbos got flailed.

Yes, it all depends on the current scenario regarding PT member placements.

In a normal PT setup, BLMs or any tanks, mages gets priority for BRD. BLMs, have to nuke, have to buff themselves, have to cast raise/reraise and have to heal. The same goes for tanks, they NEED to be able to keep hate. They are the first line of defense. Once they go down, the 2nd line of defense are the BLMs.

The only reason for a SMN to die is because they cured TOO much. Usually it's because of Melees not subbing WHM or RDM for stoneskin. I am reluctant to put a melee without a mage sub if we are short on mages. They are basically a "liability" at this point. No offense on their skill/character.

WHM advantages over your normal sub:
  • Curaga
  • Protectra and Shell
  • Reraise
  • Raise
  • Cures
  • Blindna
  • Stoneskin

Yes, your TP gain will be slower compared to your normal sub but when the melees die because of lack of support, then for the lack of better word "useless".

Yeah, WHM sub was a big problem back when we were starting on Fafnir months ago, then it became commonplace... However, it seems to be falling into submission again. Its not easy to just say "go level your WHM 37 levels" but if its something that needs to be done, go do it. We've seen what happens with melee's when their only healer dies (last fafnir) and they don't have WHM sub.. We can't let that happen again.

BTW, Angelix, dont you dare try to take away my refresh >=] we keep you alive, ya know!

Back