My First Month In Ffxiv - The Coolest Mmo I've Ever Played.

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
Hello! I figured I'd share my experiences here as a new player since I've had some pretty fun experiences over my first 30-days in the game. The community in this game is one of the best I've seen, and the experiences I've had are unmatched! Most mmo's I've played I've dropped because of how immensely dull the story, world, gameplay, etc is. This one however... really resonates with me.

So, the start to my journey had me choosing a Lalafell Archer. I thought bard looked pretty cool, and down the line this was one of the best decisions I've probably made. So, I start off trying to get my feet wet in the game and start doing MSQ stuff and a few of the smaller sidequests. Eventually, my level 4 self stumbles into a level 7(i think) tree monster thing... I accidentally aggro it, and right when I'm about to die, a vet player comes along and saves me! I think they were a Lalafell Black Mage. I send them a message, and we become friends! He apparently was helping one of his friends, and sometimes he sends me a message to see how far I've gotten or helps me on any of the dungeons because those queues take 20 years.

Anyway, time passes and I start getting levels. Nothing too important happens, but I start to realize the general gameplay gist of most of the MSQ is "Go here and get this thing. OOPS, not that thing, the other thing silly!" with some combat weaved in and a dungeon every now and then. Overall though, the story is interesting enough to keep me going. I know that apparently ARR got a rework, so I can't imagine how grindy this would have been without the rework.

So, the game really started getting interesting when I hit around level 32. This is when I learned bards get a special skill called performance and oh. my. god. I've never had this much fun playing an instrument in an online game before! Since I'm on Mateus, there's a ton of role-players here, and so I've taken to the character of being a small travelling bard. I performed a lot at the limsa lominsa crystal late at night, and to my surprise, I got tipped for my performances! I remember drawing in a few crowds of people, and one of them asked me to join their FC which I'm in! Then, I performed at the bar area in Ul'Dah and got more tips and crowds there as well! Overall, I've probably made almost 200k gil from my performances, and it's been awesome making friends through it! I met up with one of my friends and roleplayed with a friend of theirs for a bit. Afterwards, I kept running into them doing MSQ stuff and we became friends by passing by each other frequently!

Being able to just stumble upon people you've seen, and being able to make friends really easily is probably the biggest draw I've had to keep playing. Everyone is super nice, and the game is super fun as well! I've heard the realm reborn story is very meh, but it gets really good later on, so I'm excited to see how it develops! In most other mmo's, even paid ones, it always shoves a cash shop in your face as well and because I haven't hit any weird paywalls it's felt great not having to have the game say "hey, so, i know you wanna carry more stuff in your inventory buuuuuuut you're gonna have to fork over some cash...". So far, my only complaint is that it's getting progressively harder for me to survive and kill things despite me being higher level, but that might just be my gear. Anyway, I'm currently sitting at level 46 and i think I'm nearing the end of ARR (or at least far enough to get my mount to fly according to a friend of mine).

From a new player to everyone out there, thank you all for being such a great community! Sincerely, you're friendly neighborhood bard, Kikiro Mimiro.

EDIT: My first award! Thank you!!!

submitted by /u/gravendoom75
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Back