Moonlighting on your Guild?

Apollyonzorz

I'm currently 92+2 alchemy, and i'd like to get some GP in goldsmithing is there a way for me to do this w.o loosing / capping myself to 60 achemy?

yea the guild you have a contract with has nothing to do with rank. Just set up a contract with the goldsmithing guild. You'll lose all your guild points for alchemy when you do this, so make sure you spend them first.

So accepting the contract at the goldsmithing guild will not cap my Alchemy to 60? Then how would i cap my Alchemy to 60 (in the case that i would want to)? I've heard the horror stories of people trying to do this and loosing 30+ points of crafting skill by getting capped to 60. So i just want to be sure

You don't just "cap your alchemy to 60". Instead, you go to the goldsmithing guild and take the test to increase your rank (different from signing a contract for guild points). Then, you no longer have a blue Goldsmithing (60) anymore. It turns white. Henceforth, every time you get a 0.1 in Goldsmithing, you'll get a -0.1 in Alchemy. I'm not sure there's anything you can do to just immediately cap your alchemy at 60, it would gradually decrease as your goldsmithing gradually increased.

You can take all crafts to 60, one craft to 100, and fishing to 100.

No matter what guild you belong to, unless you go over 60 skill, it will not tear down what skill you have in other crafts.

You're Alchemy is 92, so you can get Gold to 68 before it would touch your Alchemy.

GP items are separate. Guild Points can be earned in any guild, once you reach 28-30 skill after passing the rank Novice test. Signing a contract with any guild, erases all GP you had in your previous guild.

ok i'll give it a shot, but i know a guy who had 90+alchemy then had it limited/reduced/cut/whatever to 60 when he changed guilds.

Eh.... I think he might have been pulling your chain or something, I really don't think that's possible. If it is possible, then the only way to do it is through the Guild Master (the rank up guy) of the Goldsmithing guild, who is a different person than the Guild Union Representative (the Guild point guy).

The guild point person can't do anything to your crafting levels. The most they can do is reset your GP to zero when you switch contracts between guilds.

There is a way to drop your crafting levels back to 60, but I'm unclear on the process of doing it. I heard third-hand stories about people losing bunches of levels because the dialogs were a little weird and they chose the wrong answers. However, I'm pretty certain it can only be done if you're trying to rank up at one of the guilds. So rather than worry about it, I just made sure I never did the rank up quest at 60 for any guild other than my main one (cloth).

I sign up at new guilds all the time getting GP and i have the crafts in my sig below. I have never lost and skill in any of them.

If i took my crafts over the 60 limit then you will start to lose skill in your mains.

Best way to do this is not do the test when you hit 58 in your subs let it cap at 60 (Blue)

OH WAIT STOP!!!@?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

.... nvm too late for that now :D

~Pitlith

Back