Mog Station Error During Purchase - Payments Pending

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
I tried to make a purchase on Mog Station last night but after the "processing credit card payment" screen it kicked me out to the login screen, and the purchase seems to be stuck half-processed. (I tried a second time and got a 401 error, which I understand to be 'insufficient funds', meaning it must have taken the money on the first attempt.)

I can see a "pending" payment on my card if I check it through online banking, but the purchase doesn't seem to have been processed on Mog Station's end as the item is still in my shopping cart and not listed in my purchase history.

There is also a second pending transaction from a few days earlier - I think it is the 1-euro "account confirmation" transaction - and I have noticed that both of these pending transactions are from "Square Enix London Gb" where previous successful transactions are from "Square Enix London".

I called my bank in case they had blocked the payments as incorrectly suspicious, but they said it is not an issue at their end.

Normally I would wait a few days to see if it clears, but with the shop sale about to end, I would like to confirm that it will go through at the sale price - or at least not get stuck in a limbo where I don't have either the item or the money because I didn't pay the "entire amount" of the non-sale price.

PS. There may be a support ticket filed for this already as I attempted to do so through the website but it just seemed to send me to an FAQ page without confirming a ticket was created. (If it did create one, I gave the wrong description in the 40-character summary as I said it was a 401 error, which I've since realised is probably incorrect.)

Continue reading...

Back