Merit Point Addition.

Lylie

Annoying French person
You thought SE was a bunch of lazy monkeys working only on weekdays? Well looks like you were wrong! SE just made an announcement (Saturday) about the new Merit Points they are adding Monday :tounge-1:

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/684/detail.html

With the upcoming merit point additions, you will be able to improve your character even further with all-new abilities and spells in the existing 15 job categories.
Merit point job categories will also become available for blue mages, corsairs, and puppetmasters.

Merit Point Categories

684_2.jpg

The existing 15 job categories will be improved to allow players the opportunity to further customize their level 75 characters with unique abilities.
These improved categories will include 4 to 8 abilities for each job. Depending on the distribution of merit points, it will be possible for players to access multiple new abilities.
Check out the upcoming version update news for what's in store.

- Subcategories
The 15 existing job categories will be divided into subcategories. Group 1 will include conventional abilities, while Group 2 will include the new job abilities, job traits, and spells.

- Accessing New Abilities
You can access Group 2 abilities by spending 1 point on the ability you wish to learn. Additional points spent on the same ability will shorten the recast time or enhance the effect (refer to the help text for each ability to learn the specific bonus).
Lowering the number of merit points in an ability to zero will cause it to disappear from your ability list.

- Ability Point Maximums
The Group 1 and Group 2 subcategories have separate totals for the maximum number of possible ability increases. Spending merit points to improve conventional abilities will not affect the acquisition of the new abilities.

Merit Points for Blue Mages, Corsairs, and Puppetmasters
In the upcoming version update, merit point job categories will be added for the three new jobs introduced in the Treasures of Aht Urhgan expansion disc.
These categories will initially contain only the Group 1 subcategory, allowing players to improve the basic abilities for these jobs.

It. Is. About. Damn. Time. S.E.

It was only a matter of them for them to add in the only moves that SMN could not do, but yet, Avatars that they beat could. I am excited. Not only about that, but to see the many more details that are coming.

~Pitlith

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/em kills his BLM so he can be a SMN full time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If u cant tell I R HAPPY!

kalia ... gimme dagger /cry ... Congrats

Oh and i wanna see thf and blu abilities now ...!!!!

nvm... read it wrong

I wanna know what WHM and BRD is getting...

mebbe holy 2... dia 3... P5 and S5 hmmm can't think of anything else for whm

and brd would get mebbe lullaby 2, better minuet and minne.... ummmm 4+ useless songs

Last edited:
I was getting a little worried about the "6" in the SMN category. Somehow thought it means that you need 3 to upgrade each one, and you could only pick 2 since 6 was total you could use. Thought kinda like making you have to chose 2 out of 6, but I was probably tired when I read it. Cant wait though to see it.

~Pitlith

This sounds really kick ass. I wonder if BRD will actually have stuff worth meriting in BRD category now.. and extremely curious to see what they add to Ninja merits. Jubaku: Ni please? ; ;

Fodder said:
according to this SS, you can spend a max of six in this category.

684_2.jpg
SE Announcement said:
These improved categories will include 4 to 8 abilities for each job.
Im guessing all job will have the old 10 merit for Group1, and 6 points for Group2, even if you have 8 new skills. So you'll have to make a choice.

Lylie said:
Im guessing all job will have the old 10 merit for Group1, and 6 points for Group2, even if you have 8 new skills. So you'll have to make a choice.

I was referring to SMN specifically.

Yeah what i read wrong was the 6 points can be used in it instead of how many new abilities you can merit which are 2 different things heh

According to what the update says you spend 1 point to gain access to the ability. and that doesn't take into account the 6 levels you can spend on the abilities i woudl assume from the yellow text.
Then each time after it will probably cost 3 merits for first level then 6 for next (possibly like attributes is setup) and you cna only go up 6 total levels for all the abilities.
also says something liek each job will get somethign liek 4-8 new abilities (job traits, abilities, spells).
So, this stuff should be fun.

Looks like you can scroll down, makes me wonder if there are really 6-8 different abilities for SMN. Like one move per avatar, but you have to choose 6 :/

Back