Memories Of Xiv

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
I recently did the FFXI crossover event and though I didn't play XI for very long I still have a few good memories that I'll always hold dear to me. That got me thinking about all the memories I've made so far in my time playing XIV and I was curious about what sort of memories other people have had in their time playing.

Here's my story: Back when I was first starting out around mid 2017, I had just competed all of ARR and was about to go into HW. I was a lvl50 RDM (I starterd when SB came out) and I was unlocking all the ARR Extreme trials and whatnot and I remember I queued for WhorleaterEX(I didn't know PF was a thing). I remember 3 pulls into it one of our tanks leave. So the 7 of us are just chilling talking about smack about the tank who left, waiting for a new fill, and I'm just like "Hey, do you guys just want to run and see how far we get?". We pull a few more times, first time we get Levi to 75%, then 50% the next pull, and then eventually to like 40 or 30%. At this point we are all just like "We can totally do this" but we've been in this fight for a while and we're actually running out of time. We have probably like 15 or so minutes iirc and this will probabaly have to be our last pull so it's make or break. We pull, everything is going fine and mid-way we FINALLY get a new tank and we are just like "HI HELLO START TANKING" and we can all feel the clear so achingly close. That's when things start to turn for the worse, people start dying left and right until it's just me and our OG tank left. Levi is at like 3% HP and we've got I think 30 seconds left before we get kicked out. I LB2 and I'm just thinking "It's too late, I've messed up" when I see the screen fade to black and reappear with Levi dying. When I saw that, I remember cheering at the top of my lungs and jumping about of chair and dancing as if I had won the lottery. That was also the point where I thought to myself "Yeah, I think I'm going to keep playing this game for a long time."

submitted by /u/Shogun_Shin
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Back