Melded Materia Deleted Trying To Glamour

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
As frustratingly denied a response by a human being and being informed to post my case on Feedback forums, story is as follows.

Good evening GM support team,

I send this message to voice my complaint that materia that had been Forbidden Melded on most of my current gear has been destroyed due to placing the gear inside the glamour chest.

I am -extremely- upset because as it is known, forbidden melding is an extremely time consuming and resource consuming process.

I proceeded to place my current gear into the Glamour Chest to make a glamour plate of it since I enjoy its appearance, but I find it -extremely- arduous to have to remove the glamours each time I want to enjoy its appearance. I use glamour plates alot to change outfits for roleplaying.

I was not made aware of materia being lost in the glamour chest as there is no practical reason to do that. I only remembered glamour chest gear going to 0% Durability and becoming bound to the player so it could not be sold on the MB.

The notice for materia loss is represented in a few words at the bottom of a wall of text each time I load a piece of gear into the glamour chest, which itself is very tedious. This is not effective notice as it is not highlighted in red or another color and listed in bullet points, instead placed in paragraph form.

I am extremely upset to see my stats now heavily reduced as well as have a cushion of stats to help support my allies while keeping up my damage as a Red Mage.

I want my equipment to be melded to the way it was before I placed them in the chest, even if I must lose the current gear in a glamour plate in a rollback. I am requesting a rollback if there is no other solution.

Thank you.

tl;dr, I can't keep my glamours on my current gear that I like to use as an outfit as of itself because it is my highest ilvl. I need to cast dispell glamour on each piece to use the base outfit.

Placing my current forbidden melded gear into the glamour chest destroyed it all with a failure to effectively provide notice with 3 words in a wall of text.

According to Duke Law and Technology's "Who Owns the Virtual Items", (https://scholarship.law.duke.edu/cgi...6&context=dltr)

"Without the guidance of any property regime for virtual items,
some courts have simply chosen to treat virtual property as any other
personal property owned by the players" in response to a 2007 conviction in Japan, "(explaining that
when a Japanese woman destroyed her virtual ex-husband’s in-game character,
she was charged with illegally manipulating electronic data);"

They also cited in a 2007 Dutch conviction that "(explaining that the Dutch courts treated
the theft of virtual items in the game “Habbo” as theft of real-life personal
property was necessary because the players pay real-life cash to play the game
and for the virtual items)."

I have a claim to this property by United States consumer law, my materia that has been destroyed, and it is illegal by failure to provide effective notice that accommodates visual disabilities.

Furthermore, Section 5(a) of the Federal Trade Commission Act prohibits “unfair or deceptive acts or practices in or affecting commerce."
Deceptive practices are defined as those in which the seller misrepresents or misleads the consumer, and the misleading practice is substantial.

Substantial being I spent more than a day gathering capital to afford this Materia melding. I have a legitimate stake in my materia lost and cannot be argued as Square Enix's intellectual property due to my real time effort input and legitimate means of ascertation.

Continue reading...

Back