May be offline for a couple days...

Eticket

Pointy Stick
FC/Active Member
Hey Ekan, I hope you have one of those laptops boxed up. I should be sending you a payment in the next day or so.

It's a good thing too. Last night my computer decided to die on me. That brings the current tally to 1 functioning laptop, 2 half built/functional towers and 1 dead tower.

I really have no idea what happened. It was fine last night though it had been making an odd noise the day before. It's been making the little 'click-whir' sound you get when you just start to power up but it was doing it while everything was running. Everything seemed to be working though. All drives were showing up and I was running everything without any errors.

I let everything idle last night and sat down this morning to a reboot. Now whenever it boots up it hangs on finding the boot record. All 3 drives are detected but when it gets to that point it makes the noise it was making before and searches for a boot record through all sources. After that it pops up an error that says something like 'RPL stopped' and just hangs.

I'll play around with it tonight and see what I can figure out. Most likely I won't be on tonight though. Eden may or may not be. If all else fails, I'll fire up the PS3 for dynamis tomorrow.

Did you want me to format the HD or leave it as is?

Basically only thing installed on there atm is Firefox (only used to download windower) and FFXI.

Oh and a bunch of naked pictures of Aluc that Spun sent me...

Sorry about our deal Ekan. Christmas hit the wallet a little harder than I expected :x. Probably could've told you sooner but I was holding out a bit hoping to find a hundred dollars laying around somewhere! :D

Did you want me to format the HD or leave it as is?

Basically only thing installed on there atm is Firefox (only used to download windower) and FFXI.

Oh and a bunch of naked pictures of Aluc that Spun sent me...

I'd say just leave it all on there. (especially the noodz) :tounge-3:

I'm presuming it has OS discs or restore discs if I want to just start fresh later on right?

Et, it has the original boxes and all paperwork cds etc.

And Rek I still have another identical laptop for you. However, if you don't want it lemme know. =D

Eticket,

I'm willing to give you my old P4EE system that I have here in Tokyo. You'd only be responsible for sending me the money to ship it to you.

I don't have the specs right here at the moment, but I can certainly post them later. I'm planning on gutting this case and putting a new Intel i7 system in it.

Includes:

P4EE Processor (Link, 3.46GHz Variety)
Intel Desktop Board for the P4EE Processor (D925CV2 Motherboard Specs)
2GB RAM
ATI PCIx 1850 Video Card

You'd need:

Case, PSU, Drives, Etc. - I'll include the basic cables for the drives, video card and the case template for the ports. I may throw in the raptor drive that's in there, not sure yet.

I'm attaching a picture here somewhere with the system info and uptime showing no reboot/downtime in the last 19days since I last installed patches and rebooted.

Anyway... let me know if you are interested and we'll talk. This is for Eticket ONLY. ('cause I respect him and he's a mellow fellow, Pixie - even though I don't know as well.. she must be good peeps to be stuck with Eticket. ;) )

PS: Shipping cost, I'll send you in PM< if you are interested. It's not that bad as you may assume.
PSS: I only blocked out my user name on the system info screen, everything else is there.

Attachments

• systemp4.PNG
    systemp4.PNG
    70.5 KB · Views: 13
That's really awesome man, but I think I got it worked out.

I'm thinking one of the cables or cords was loose because when I checked and reconnected everything last night it booted up fine. POL is randomly crashing on me but that's something I can live with.

I need something portable so I'm buying one of Ekan's laptops as soon as Paypal stops screwing around with my business account.

Portable...you never mention you wanted portable...

You do know this is a 17inch laptop that weighs around 11 lbs right?

=)

Still more portable than a desktop. lol :rolleyes:

Back