May 11 update details

Fodder

Ultima Legacy
FINAL FANTASY XI Update (May 11)

At the following time, we performed a FINAL FANTASY XI version update.

[Date & Time]
May 11, 2005 from 10:00 to 17:00 (PDT)

[Affected Services]
FINAL FANTASY XI

[Important Update Details]

-A new section of the Promathia story has been added.

-It is no longer possible to use the delivery service to send the following EX items:

Chocopass
Mannequin Pumps
Kshama Ring No.8
Kshama Ring No.2
Kshama Ring No.4
Kshama Ring No.3
Kshama Ring No.5
Kshama Ring No.9
Kshama Ring No.6
Sanative Earring
Relaxing Earring
Minstrel's Dagger

-Players will no longer counter attacks from monsters being fought by other parties.

-Players may now experience less server lag while participating in Ballista.

Affected zones:
Diorama Abdhaljs - Ghelsba
Jugner Forest
Pashhow Marshlands
Meriphataud Mountains

-Several other issues have also been addressed.
spacer.gif

From what i guess i could just hit counterstance, and stand in front of another persons mob and start curing em and if it turns on me I'd counter some hits or sumthin. I'd never get XP for it =(

is dynamis windy still up in the air? or will it start late? guess it all depends if there is download problems again.

=\ daaaaang im like ... on the first rivern site haha... guess i should stop my loitering sometime >_>

FINAL FANTASY XI Update (May 11)

At the following time, we performed a FINAL FANTASY XI version update.

[Date & Time]
May 11, 2005 from 10:00 to 17:00 (PDT)

[Affected Services]
FINAL FANTASY XI

-Supremely's avatar and signature have been modified.

Deretic said:
From what i guess i could just hit counterstance, and stand in front of another persons mob and start curing em and if it turns on me I'd counter some hits or sumthin. I'd never get XP for it =(

Neither would they though..which is what is behind them taking it out.....rofl

I thought it was to prevent a form of powerlevelling where a MNK/WHM could hit counterstance and cure the attacker until he received hate and help kill the mob at an accelerated rate. I don't know if the original attacker would get XP or not, but the one curing never initiated combat.

I guess I'll never know how it worked now, lol.

At one point, no matter what level the Monk was, the person with claim would get full exp as long as they dealt the killing blow; kind of how people used BLM's to powerlevel by letting the BLM get hate and having the Blaze Spikes etc kill off the mob, and cancel it at the end to let the nooblet get the final blow. Both have been fixed now, and they no longer work.

Long live the exploits!

Archain said:

-Supremely's avatar and signature have been modified.

huh?!
:> you asked for it!

"Twas not an exploit"

Not an exploit in the sense of hacking faulty code; however, taking advantage of something in the program that enables you to do something square didn't intend (powerlevelling via monk) is still technically an 'exploit', eg.

"Hey guys, I'm exploiting this facet of the system!"

Back