Lucky Orb!

Dworvos

The crappy RNG
Ultima Legacy
Wow, BCNM40 "Under Observation". I didn't know that 2 of the same scroll can drop in a BCNM.

You guys have any advice for that BC? I heard one person needs to kite the Sobbing Eye back and forth while 2 ppl fight the other eyes. I was thinking that THF might be useful to kite since Flee and high evasion and Perfect Dodge if necessary. What do you think?

Our setup was NIN/WHM NIN/RDM and BST/NIN, NIN each kill a Compound Eye while BST kites Sobbing up and down. NIN use Elemental wheel while reverse tanking, takes about 3 rounds of the wheel to kill an eye. Paralyze is very important for NINs to use on Compound eyes as it can stun their spells. Sobbing eyes spams Firaga, and can cast Bindga and Breakga. Have both NINs casting Ninjutsu and it will die fast.

In your experience, do you think THF would stand a chance at kiting the Sobbing Eye?

pcharm.JPG

Fiko, Garret and myself went 8/9 successes on this, dropping 1 Peacock Charm tonight. Fiko as NIN/WHM, Garret as MNK/NIN, me as BRD/WHM. They would both just attack the Main eye while I kept the two smaller ones asleep. Once the Sobbing eye was dead, it was basically a success, as the small ones go down very quickly. Not that creative, but fairly easy once we got the hang of it.

So who now has cock charms? Please tell me you didn't sell them.

-benny

How is that circumvented by having a BRD kite? I've heard great success stories about having BRD kite the sobbing eye. With THF, I at least had the advantage of Flee to get a head start on it.

If I got to 75 and merited my Marksmanship first then probably. Or if I went in decked out in +R. Acc gear then maybe.

Kalia said:
If I got to 75 and merited my Marksmanship first then probably. Or if I went in decked out in +R. Acc gear then maybe.

Dont you think getting just 3 more levels on your Ninja might be slightly less time consuming.... lol.:badshape:

~Dar

I hate Ninja. And getting THF to 75 and meritting Marksmanship is something I wanna do Anyway :)

Mikejones said:
No way in hell. I'm pretty sure a thf would get straight pwned. If you get hit with one bindga/breakga, youd probably end up dead.

It doesnt use bindga. and breakga (called petra eye) only lands if you face it.. and i dont know how you kite something while facing it. But yeah thf would get pwned most likely. But I also hate kiting strategies for these sort of things where it really isn't needed.

How is that circumvented by having a BRD kite? I've heard great success stories about having BRD kite the sobbing eye. With THF, I at least had the advantage of Flee to get a head start on it.

BRD can sleep the smaller eyes.

Guess you got lucky Fiko, but he does indeed cast both of those. MJ was almost screwed over because of it casting both.

Back