lol mods

lostsoul

Since it was deleted for no reason, i'll post it again.

1 additional point will be awarded to members participating in successful Beaucedine & Xarcabard Clears, as well as, successful Attestation or Animated Weapon runs.

So why do people get two points again? What's the point of rules if you aren't even gonna follow them?

Re: lol mods - Lostsoul's question

As I stated before in LS chat, the points were not (and are not) finalized. There was no need for your post in a Public area of the forum. While your concern is justified, please try to keep these things "in the family" before opening the doors.

Conclusion of discussions once Garret was on vent tonight was that for this run at least only 1 point is to be given. I believe this takes away your concerns. Possible rule change considerations are under discussion.

You did not attend the run in question, so you cannot possibly know all the details. As to this Glacier run, no one there knew how to pull the NM out of the dragons, no one had even seen it done. As you may or may not know, this is done out of sight of the alliance. The person who was expected to perform this job, did not tell us he wasn't coming until 8:30pm. Thus, making it impossible to pull experienced people from their other events.

The puller missed the timing on the Mega Boss. The dragons were allowed to reset and an attempt to re-pull was made. People wiped x3 doing all this mess through no fault of their own. All but one did all this with little to no complaint and in good faith. An entire hour was spent in this attempt at the Clear.

People came with the intent to clear, stayed despite no farming. The only mobs killed were the ones needed for TE and pathing.

The question really becomes what can we do to prevent situation in the future. Perhaps we need to train more people in clearing or maybe we change to farming run when key people are not available.

As I stated before in LS chat, the points were not (and are not) finalized. There was no need for your post in a Public area of the forum. While your concern is justified, please try to keep these things "in the family" before opening the doors.

Conclusion of discussions once Garret was on vent tonight was that for this run at least only 1 point is to be given. I believe this takes away your concerns. Possible rule change considerations are under discussion.

You did not attend the run in question, so you cannot possibly know all the details. As to this Glacier run, no one there knew how to pull the NM out of the dragons, no one had even seen it done. As you may or may not know, this is done out of sight of the alliance. The person who was expected to perform this job, did not tell us he wasn't coming until 8:30pm. Thus, making it impossible to pull experienced people from their other events.

The puller missed the timing on the Mega Boss. The dragons were allowed to reset and an attempt to re-pull was made. People wiped x3 doing all this mess through no fault of their own. All but one did all this with little to no complaint and in good faith. An entire hour was spent in this attempt at the Clear.

People came with the intent to clear, stayed despite no farming. The only mobs killed were the ones needed for TE and pathing.

The question really becomes what can we do to prevent situation in the future. Perhaps we need to train more people in clearing or maybe we change to farming run when key people are not available.
First of all, theres is nothing about "In the family" when were talking about a PUBLIC dynamis shell.

Was I at the run? No. Does it effect me and anyone else who wasn't there? Yes. Why? Because the rules clearly state people get awarded 1 point for a SUCCESSFUL clear. If rules are gonna be made and then not even followed, then what are the point of the rules being made in the first place? THATS how it effects me and everyone else that wasn't at the run.

Sorry, it really doesn't matter what took place or even happened. In the end, there was no clear.

The initial spirit of that rule was that when a clear is being attempted that represents X amount of time which can not be spent for farming because clearing takes up a significant amount of time during the run, and we do not farm after it, meaning we typically waste even more time in order to give a buffer space in case it takes longer than expected.

The purpose behind stipulating a successful clear was to encourage people to be prepared for it & not screw around.

In the case of Sunday everyone was prepared, they had to deal with me being unexpectedly absent because I wasn't feeling well, they were then all fully prepared to clear when due to a lag issue & unfamiliarity on the part of 1 person they failed to clear. They then attempted multiple times to salvage the clear, fully investing that time & trying to help those who did need clear, rather than simply give up & say, "Well screw it, let's get to farming instead."

If that's not in the spirit of what was intended behind the rule then I'm not sure what is, in my opinion they should deserve the 2 points because they sacrificed that farming time towards a goal. But since people are going to complain about it then they can get 1 point, and the rule will be changed for future runs on the basis of the fact that people participating in a clear run are forced to give up farming time to do so.

People are so quick to jump to judgment on a rule not being followed to the tea without even looking at the circumstances behind it. While the rules are certainly meant to be followed they are also new, and as such will likely end up needing some work, and they have already begun to be tweaked as situations arise, and people also choose which situations they decide to point out.

Also in theory I do not see how the points in that situation do affect you. I doubt anyone attending, or signing up for, the clear run expected us to fail to clear, since we almost always do. Those not attending had already decided that 2 point incentive wasn't worth it to them to attend that particular run, for whatever reason, and I'm sure some had already calculated in their minds the point differentials which would come out of it.

Back