Limited Storage Space Counteracts Cosmetic Purchases.

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
I am sure countless people brought it up in the past, but the current implementation of how cosmetic items take up limited storage space, strikes me as very odd from a business perspective. I assume SE wants to earn money selling those. They surely will do so by selling retainers - and itemization is tailored to encourage buying retainer services. And I have no doubt, that selling retainer services makes far more money than selling cosmetic microtransactions. Nontheless both money sources seem to work against each other. The goal from a game perspective would be to separate both systems - limited storage space for everything in order to sell retainers, but not cosmetics in order to sell cash shop items.

The retainers and glamour dresser system cannot keep up with the amount of cosmetics in the game. While event cosmetics seem to be storagable in the armoire, those items are not ready to use as cosmetics in there. An inclined player would need to swap between armoire and glamour dresser constantly in order to use those as cosmetics. That is bad.

So the question lingers - why should I or any other inclined player for that matter be bothered to take part in events to attain cosmetics or buy cosmetics in the cash shop for money? It causes storage problems. It threatens incentives to play the game as far as I am concerned.

For example my fantasy is to store dungeon attire as cosmetics in the dresser. I consider that reasonable and not too far fetched. Most of those items look unique. But Final Fantasy does not allow for this fantasy of mine to come to fruition wholesome.

Most likely the data indicates, that alot players do not use their whole 400 slots for cosmetics. I understand that argument. And for sure there are technicalities on developers side, which make better solutions difficult. I understand that as well.

But to put it plain and simple, despite all good reasons, I feel less inclined to play events, cause those cosmetic rewards are not ready to use from within the armoire.

And I feel less inclined to buy cosmetics from the cash shop, which I might buy otherwise. I am surely not the only one feeling and behaving that way.

Because of these constraints SE outright loses money and player commitment gets lessened of those, who care.

I would hope, that these findings are incentive enough for the developer to find a solution, so that the goals of players interested in cosmetics and the game itself could align with each other in the foreseeable future.

submitted by /u/Hafem
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Back