Leather/Clothcraft

Talfus

~Lux Aeterna~
Anyone know where I can find a site with a good leveling guide? One that has new recipes mayhap??!!

TIA :shades02:

There's really no substitute for looking at the recipes and working everything out for yourself. Prices can fluctuate a lot and new synths get added, making old guides less relevant or even invalid. It's not really hard to go over each recipe, usually it will be obvious what is best to do, and what materials to save for later.

-benny

Personally I'm a fan of power crafting. Just get a shitload of materials and craft like nuts. When possible I prefer recipes with cheap ingredients, or if not cheap, at least will sell quickly to recup losses as quickly as possible. As such, I LURV the crafting section on ffxiah.com. As Benny noted, new recipes come out, prices fluctuate. ffxiah keeps up on prices really well, and their crafting section gives you breakdowns by craft of what materials cost (assuming you buy on ah and not say, NPC or farm), what the finished product sells for, how frequently it sells, etc. LOVE IT!

http://www.ffxiah.com/recipe.php

So while not a leveling guide per se, I just look for recipes a bit above my skill that are either cheap or sell a lot. My wallet is my guide. :)

Nekio's List (very close to what I did)

Leather:
(12) Karakul Leather > AH > 12
(17) Lizard Cesti > AH > 16
(21) Dhalmel Leather > AH > 21
(24) Bugard Leather > AH > 23
(31) Parchment > AH > 31
(35) Ram Leather (leaves) > AH > 35
(36) Ram Leather (log) > AH > 36
(39) Wolf Gorget > NPC > 38
(43) Waist Belt > NPC > 41
(49) Buffalo Leather > AH > 49
(52) High Breath Mantle > AH > 50
(58) Catoblepas Leather > NPC > 53
(61) Tiger Leather > AH > 60

This was ages ago, but I ended up making Tiger Leather from 49 all the way to 60. There might be better recipes now (don't remember Catoblepas Leather...) and it's a lot of breaks at the start (LOTS!), but it really worked well for me.

Yeah it's a 12 level gap, but 3 successful synths and you've leveled. ^_^;;

Back