Japan

as you may know i have a 8 month old daughter. By the time i take the trip she will be 11 months old. What are japan policies on child safety in a cab.

Umm... not much. Most people just hold their kids while traveling in cabs. They will let you put luggage and stroller type things in the trunk.

There is a new seatbelt law that just started, where people in the back seat must have seatbelts but I haven't ridden in a can since the law started... so not sure what they are doing.

Note of caution though: Some cab drivers think they are in the Indy 500.... :badshape:

thanks for the info any other questions ill post them here.

Well I normally like to eat the...........................no clue on that one. Can't say I have ever even noticed it in a supa either.

Yeah no worries, I was planning on checking the next time. There are some fairly decent foreign markets around me, so next time I stop down I will check. Normally I see babies just chewing on live squid or eels, but maybe its just for texture.

Man, you guys making me miss Japan already, but I gotta get out of here. In my opinion though you should camp out somewhere near the Yamanote line or Chou line. Easy enough to get around, and most popular venues close by. My parents have come to visit a few times, and they are a little bit "older" so I was pretty concerned about Tokyo traveling. If you plan to bring your child, remember that you will be doing a lot on foot, train, subway or taxi. All are great ways to get around, but make sure to bring good footware and a sturdy stroller. For your child's food, any market will have a section for formula (if you were not able to bring with you) and snacks. Theres a great one here, which I've forgotten the name of, but its basically small rice puffs that dissolve in your mouth, great for pre-teeth infants, toddlers.

wind doesn't know it but i managed sneak a snapshot of his kid

gremlin.jpg

Your little girl is super cute. I must have missed when you put the picture up.

-benny

Back