J-Drama, HK, Live action stuff

Shishikou

Ex-Sky Galka
I'll put this here since it's uh..asian-ish.

What are you guys' favorite drama/live action movies that you've seen?
Recommend me some good ones.

I've seen (and in process of watching)

- Densha Otoko (must watch lol)
- GTO
- Gokusen
- Battle Royale
- Oldboy
- Shaolin Soccer
- Shutter
- some other ones i don't remember.

So if you seen any good J/HK/asian movies don't be shy to post the title here and what you thought about it.

(i'm bored and need some movies to watch btw)

I just rewatched the Onmiojyi movies today, dont have any particular favorites-- lots of good ones.

Onmiyoji

Onmiyoji II

The amazon info gives good descriptors... it's about the 'Onmiyoji' order from the 794-1185 AD period in 10th century Japan.

The first movie makes reference to the 4 gods, Byakko, Genbu, Sieryu and Suzaku -- And also speaks of directional importance (Genbu to the north etc). The order fights off demons who roam around with the living, there is also a prince who was entombed after death who is then released. The 'Guardians' of the city come together and fend him off.

The 2nd movie deals with demons that appear after a solar eclipse and again, makes references to the 4 gods. Himeko and Susa are the key elements in this movie that play out to the end... The 2nd movie stars the two same guardians from the first movie.

Do you mean any live action stuff?

Akira Kurosawa is one of the best directors ever...
Seven Samurai, Ran, and Rashomon are probably the easiest ones to find.

Japanese horror is always fun...
Infection, Ju-Rei, and Dark Water are the ones that I like the best... Though the Ending of Infection is absolute crap and Ju-Rei is a Ju-On low-budget rip-off that ironically is better in my opinion.
The Eye is Chinese but very good and has a sequel now too that is supposedly decent.

Um... Returner was actually pretty good too. I haven't seen it but I'm dying to see Versus.. Oh and if you liked Shaolin Soccer (I assume you've seen Kung Fu Hustle) check out Battlefield Baseball... really weird but awesome movie...

The Story of Ricky is one of the goriest movies I've seen but in a cheesy bad kung fu movie kinda way.

Back