Item Adjustments (6/1/07)

Aangeliceus

Kitteh's Meow
FC/Leadership
PlayOnline said:
Item Changes and Additions (06/01/2007)

<!-- TITLE AREA END --><!-- TEXT AREA -->In the upcoming version update, we plan to introduce a multitude of items and synthesis recipes that will open the door to new weapons and armor with graphics unlike anything you've ever seen before!

We will also be giving players another chance to obtain the rewards from selected quests and missions they have already completed.

New Items

Here is a selection of the new weapons and armor to be found in the next version update. How will these powerful items be obtained, and what wondrous properties will they possess...?

1907_2.jpg

Existing Rewards

In answer to requests from many players, a number of rewards will once again become available. This change will be put into effect for selected quests and missions with multiple reward choices, such as Divine Might, Apocalypse Nigh, and the Chains of Promathia storyline.

We hope that players who have accidentally discarded a valuable item or those who wish to change their choice of reward will take full advantage of this opportunity!

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/1907/detail.html

So when exactly is this Version Update going to happen? The sword looks pretty sweet, i wish i could get more excited about a Polearm, but i can't

June 5, 2007

10:00 AM PST - 3:30 PM PST
1:00 PM EST - 6:30 PM EST
2:00 AM JST - 7:30 AM JST

I hope to change the ring/earring it is as simple as trading the item to an NPC and getting another one, but knowing SE that'll never happen.

I'm wondering what they're releasing as the new Assault Rank upgrades (Warrant Officer?).

The Purdue weapons seemed to cover those weapons that didn't have a Maneater style latent already. I doubt that the Polearm shown above will be from the gate guard as they've already got one (Stone-splitter), but I heard that there was possibly a D32 katana with low delay and those latents that they may be releasing. Wasn't this marked in the old .dats previously with a "." as the desc id?

DMG:27 Delay:190
Latent effect: DMG:32

Of course, Kalia knows this already (but probably doesn't remember posting, lol). Always seems like they love changing the names. You can see that Master Sergeant is now Chief Sergeant (Feb '07).

You are well on the path to becoming a ≺Multiple Choice (Parameter 1)≻[/Private First Class/Superior Private/Lance Corporal/Corporal/Sergeant/Sergeant Major/Master Sergeant/Warrant Officer/Second Lieutenant/First Lieutenant]. I will report your success to Salaheem's Sentinels.≺Marker: 7F3100≻

With the new tier of Assaults, I wonder what the special appraisal items will be. I only saw the Mu Necklace (that I'll barely use) from the CS ones so far.

Last edited:
I'll be trading in that CoP earring, made the mistake of getting the conserve MP earring when I should have gotten the Ethereal Earring.

I don't think we'll see it in this update, but there needs to be something better than the set of 51-level elemental staves that everyone has been using for 3 years across most of the mage jobs. :p Some collection of them is a virtual requirement for whm, rdm, blm, smn, and even bard. It's way past time that other options be made available.

Thank god, I can finally get the Rajas I was kicking myself for not getting as soon as BLU came out :D

Yes, you are being too optimistic :p

Not that I wouldn't love a Rajas/Tamas combo, but yeah that's not happening.

Wanna say few things

1 I think katana needs a boost similer to one thf got with daggers increase dmg say 2-5 on certain katanas.

2 In one way i think we need new katanas but in another iono there some pretty pimp ones out there alrdy u just gotta be willing to sacrifice to get em.Example Hirenjaku +1 38 Dm 221 delay +3 acc +3 magic acc but a lucky synth is needed.

3 God i hope Einjerher or w/e is gonna be fun and quick and nice rewards.

4 SE sure is doing there damndest to keep us end game people busy with new battlefields etc but in the end there will still be 200 people everyday in dragons aery so sad but true

:finger::finger:

Da FrEaK

holy fuck dont get that abyssal shit unless you plan on using it for lolDrk...
you can get +2 int from other gear....

Back