The Positives
  • Fantastic incentives for new crafters and gatherers
  • Massive enough to encourage large group collaboration
  • Simple enough to be solo content viable too
  • Seeing an area get built up over time is very compelling
  • Crafter/Gatherer Fates are a novel concept

The Negatives
  • Must be inside the instance to do collectable turn-ins
  • No mailbox inside the instance (SO if you have friends gathering they must be able to get into the instance or you must leave it)
  • Restricted instance capacity
  • Fate is very simple and doesn't require actual abilities used.

The Terrible
While there are a great many more positives than negatives all the negatives hinge on one fatal design flaw. The limited instance capacity and the ability for wanderers to contribute to other servers in action means that server-hoppers filled up the instances camping for fates.

I do not think wanderers should be prohibited. I think it helps smaller worlds get progress more readily instead of being left behind. It becomes a data-center effort. I think some great fixes could be put into place simply by..

1. Adding a collectables turn-in person outside of the instance.
2. Change the FATE to an unlocked, limited time, 4-man instance. Similar to how events like the Haukke Manor instance during All Saint's Wake operated. People can queue up as a light-part or as an individual DoH or DoL to complete a "timed event" and turn in a 1-time quest for their reward. Have this "event" be available only for a certain amount of time before it rolls over into the next "buildup" event.

If the "FATE" is instanced it'll be a little easier to make sure everyone gets a chance to do it.

Continue reading...

Back