Is It Ok To Use Bots In Ffxiv?

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
My apologies if the title is a bit provocative. I under no circumstances encourage anyone to use any sort of 3rd party software in the game. And that's not a troll thread or anything like that either.

What I trully wonder is how Square Enix actually deals with players using this 3rd party software which allows them to have "unfair advantage over other players"?

I do know that you can find tons of lvl 1-50 bots that use warping, wall glitches or whatever with those wierd random nicknames running around ARR zones which also used to clog up Amdapor Keep or other lvl 50 dungeons occasionally when we saw "Reserving Server" message for half an hour.
Also I know that there are gathering bots which are used to farm nodes for materials.
But during my experience with the game I can't say that I had too much troubles with any of those and assumed that was because they were timely banned and SE kept those things under relative "control".

So I recently though about crafting some items for sale and it turned that Market Board is affected by botting as well. And it seems that one single bot is able to monopolize almost half of the market. As it turned out this one exact same bot has been active for almost a month by now. Reported multiple times by several people via In-Game Support, Web-Site support and directly to Special Task Force team. And nothing changed... For a month now:confused:
So could other people please share their experience and thoughts on this matter? Has it always been like this and I simply wasn't paying enough attention?

Continue reading...

Back