"is Calling Out People That Play Bellow Average Really That Bad?" A Discussion.

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
Hi, fellow FF14 players.

Some might think that I'm sounding a bit elitist, others might see some truth to it, but I really wanted to know if calling people out for perfoming poorly (I say poorly like, really going "freestyle", not new player poorly), is really that bad in the first place? Are you really saying that, one person can make other 3 people, and sometimes 7, waste their time on something just because they are unwilling to read some tooltips for 2 minutes?

I understand that some might say that "you take the game too serious", no, I take my time serious, and yours too. I play well enough to make things go smooth not only because I like to perfom well on the things that I do, but that I value the time of those that are in the dungeon with me. For a community that always praises itself for being "nice", the double standards are pretty dumb.

What makes someone think that being asked to use AOE spells in more than 3 mobs something rude to say, that's unsolicited advice? Being asked to use defensive cds as a tank so you make your healer's life easier being called "hurting the experience"? Are you telling me that wasting time and ruining the dungeon/raid for other people not "hurting the experience"? Well, Square doesn't help much either, banning people that give the advice/call out mistakes, but not the person obviously not willing to cooperate with teammates.

I can understand that some might feel intimitated by players that perform better and give advice, but you can be sure that most of them just want things to go smoothly in their runs. There's tons of discord servers, guides, youtube videos and such that were created just to help people with knownledge about jobs, dungeons, raids, why not take a couple minutes to read some of those, or even just the tooltips in game? Really not that big of a deal.

Just to be clear, It's not ok to act stupid with someone that made 1 mistake in a dungeon just because you already know it, my issue is when you point a flaw, give some advice and the person still insists on the error out of spite for being called out. You can kick those people from your parties, sure, but with how many people like that I keep seeing out there in daily runs and from complaints from others, I only fear how much worse this can get.

You don't need a mentor crown, that in my eyes is just name glamour, (especially for PVP that has no requirements whatsoever), to give advice. Help people figure stuff out or at least point them in the right direction.

Saying as a tank main for a couple years now, even from other MMOs, this thing people call "tankxiety" (which is total bullshit, sorry to burst your bubble), just give it a try. Pull more mobs if you healer tells you it's ok to do so, use your defensive cds, improve your own damage, pull out mobs from other party members, keep your gear up to date as much as possible etc. "That's sounds pretty basic, so easy", yeah it does and yes, it is easy, but some people still can't even do that.

It's not hard, guys, just give it a try.

submitted by /u/MorganaFleuret
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Back